Chapter 92: Scandal

"We can't stop the Wei Dynasty's Princess." The guards all wore anxious expressions, "She is a woman. Moreover, a princess of the Central Plains. We dare not hurt her. As soon as the king appears, she will follow him every step of the way. The king can do nothing to her, with no other choice but to hide in his bed-chamber."

Everyone lightly laughed with tacit understanding: when such a stunning beauty was chasing, what could the king do?

If it were them, it would have been a done deal. Only the king could resist such temptation.

Banruo straightened his back, saying, "I ask all the ministers to return. The king will summon you when he has settled the matter of the Central Plains' princess."

Kang Mozhe's eyes narrowed slightly.

The others had already laughed out loud. The Buddha's son, with his six pure roots, had actually encountered such a thing: "We merely wanted to come to make sure that the king is safely back in the city. Since the king is safe and sound, we will take our leave now."

They winked at Kang Mozhe: "Great Minister, this is not the right time for an audience."

Kang Mozhe rested his gaze on Yaoying for a long time, a cold light flashing in his eyes, before turning to leave together with the others.

Only when their figures went out of sight, turning past the palace gate, did Banruo exhale quietly.

Outside the palace gate, Kang Mozhe said goodbye to the others and called his personal follower: "Tell General Xue that a beautiful woman has come to the city, and she is a Han woman."

The follower accepted the order and left.

Banruo made sure that the Great Minister had really left and returned to the palace door, looking a little bewildered: "The Great Minister actually left just like that."

Yaoying stood up, brushed away the tears at the corners of her eyes, and pulled up her long hair.

The ministers were not at all worried about whether her presence would tarnish Tumoroga's reputation. Instead, they all showed rejoicing expressions.

It seemed that the Royal Court was not stable; the monarch of a country was actually guarding against the ministers in the court and their secret thoughts.

No wonder the Royal Court became a scattered mess once Tumoraga died.

Yaoying returned to the inner room. Beyond the hanging screen was silence, with only the sound of burning candles.

Tumoroga had fallen asleep.

Banruo ran back to the couch, bent down on his knees, and looked back at Mondatipa, his hopefulness apparent on his face.

Mondatipa let out a long sigh: "Acupuncture can only ease the pain."

Yaoying nodded: "Acupuncture can only delay for a period of time, and he will not last long. When will the people you sent to the Central Plains for medicine return to the Royal Court?"

Mondatipa shook his head with sorrow: "The Regent was afraid that the news would leak out, so he could only secretly send people to mix with the caravans heading East to wait for the opportunity to find medicine. He sent a total of more than twenty personal soldiers, but now, the trade route was cut off by the Northern Rong. The caravans sent to the Central Plains are nowhere to be found. The only caravan that came back safely went to Tubo, and that personal guard did not bring back any useful herbs."

Yaoying thought back to what she had seen along the way. The Royal Court caravan that Eldest Prince Yelu had killed probably included the personal guard who was looking for medicine for Tumoroga. The Northern Rong territory was in between the Western Regions and the Central Plains, cutting off transportation. It would be difficult for the Royal Court to bring back medicine from the Central Plains. No good news would be coming from those personal soldiers.