Chapter 123: Acknowledgment

Yaoying returned to the courtyard.

Xie Qing and Xie Chong immediately rushed to her. They had subdued Haidu Aling's men together with the guards and were just about to go out to find her.

Yaoying went back to her room first to put on her shoes-the royal palace's roads were mainly dirt and mud, and she had gone barefoot the whole way. The soles of her feet were about to be worn out.

Xie Chong growled, "I did not expect that Haidu Aling still has not given up. Princess lives in the Royal Court's royal palace, yet he still dares put himself in danger to come here."

Yaoying changed into a thick, double-layered robe and said, "Buddha's son rarely lives in the royal palace. The royal palace is not guarded well."

When Haidu Aling appeared at the scripture debate, she knew that his presence boded nothing good, so she stayed deep in the palace and did not set a single foot outside the gate. After the Northern Rong's delegation had departed, she waited for two days before she dared to go out of the palace. Unexpectedly, Haidu Aling was more patient than before, waiting until tonight to carry out his plans.

Yaoying remembered the white falcon Abu that Haidu Aling personally tamed. He reveled in the feeling of conquering his prey; it was unlikely for him to let her go easily.

"At present, we have to find a way to get the news back to the Central Plains as soon as possible..." Yaoying murmured, "I don't know if Elder Brother's injury has healed... He is impatient... No matter who, he will not listen to anyone's advice..."

She missed Li Zhongqian but was afraid that Li Zhongqian would run into Haidu Aling, and the tragedy would come true.

After being out in the cold nighttime wind, Yaoying's face was pale, her lips faintly blue. Her body was gently trembling.

Xie Chong and the others looked at each other. Unwilling to scare her, they laughingly said: "Rest assured, Princess. Qin wang will certainly be safe and sound! Princess has been frightened tonight, so rest early. If Haidu Aling dares to come again, we will chop off his hands."

Yaoying reined in her despondency. Smiling at everyone, she sent them out, and sat alone in the dark room, gently rubbing her bruised and battered feet while she quietly pondered.

Xie Qing did not dare let Yaoying leave her sight this time. Guarding in the corner of the room, she sat cross-legged, closing her eyes to sleep.

The next day, Ashina Bisha came to visit Yaoying and assured her repeatedly that the palace security had been tightened, that Haidu Aling's men had died or been arrested, and that he would absolutely not dare to break into the palace again.

Yaoying thanked him for bringing his troops to her aid last night and asked straightforwardly, "General, did you know that Haidu Aling would come?"

Bisha froze.

Yaoying's eyes watched him and she looked at him calmly.

Bisha stared at her for a moment, put away his joking look, and nodded, "Correct. The regent knew that Haidu Aling was still lurking in Holy City and instructed us to strengthen our vigilance so as to prevent Haidu Aling from kidnapping the princess."

Yaoying was stunned.

She thought the person who arranged the ambush last night was Bisha, but it turned out to be Sultan Gu?

As expected of the regent who was in charge of military affairs and deterred several nobles. He was truly meticulous and secretly watched out for Haidu Aling.