Chapter 113: Return to the Capital

A frail, thin figure got off the carriage with the support of the surrounding guards. Standing on the ground, his body swayed a few times before he raised his head.

The residence's gate entrance was silent.

Zheng Jing's eyes showed amazed, and Xue Wu's reaction was stronger than his; his eyes were almost falling to the ground.

The formerly brave and warlike, tall and sturdy Li Zhongqian not only wasted away until he was thin and bony and unable to stand on his own, but even the sharpness in his eyes was gone. His whole person was dispirited and listless and sullen.

It was as if his soul had been taken away, leaving only a walking corpse.

Everyone was incomparably shocked. For a moment, they did not know what to say.

It was said that Grand Duke Wei was struck by a strange poison and became an invalid, but it was indeed true!

A lot while later, the Thousand Bull Guards put away their swords.

Xue Wu, who had recovered from the shock, quietly exhaled: the current Grand Duke Wei, not even mentioning killing them to vent his anger, couldn't walk without the help of guards. How could he kill them?

He took a step forward and whispered, "Grand Duke Wei, His Majesty has a decree."

Li Zhongqian raised his eyes and indifferently swept him a glance.

"Get lost."

The sound was feeble.

Xue Wu hesitated for a moment, not knowing what to say. Li Zhongqian had already walked past him, his steps were very big, and he was panting before he could take a few steps. His personal soldiers promptly stopped as he roared lowly a few times. The personal soldiers did not dare to make a sound and helped him up the stone steps.

A Thousand Bull Guard stared at Li Zhongqian's distancing, trembling back for a moment, and said aloud, "Grand Duke Wei, do you want to resist the decree?"

The eunuch came forward holding the imperial decree.

Li Zhongqian took a step and glanced at the personal soldier beside him.

The personal soldier understood. Turning and running down the stone steps, he drew his sword and swung his sword at the box in the eunuch's hand.

With two loud clanging sounds, the box broke in half and fell to the ground, and the imperial edict inside the box was also cut to pieces.

The eunuch's soul flew into the sky, screeching as he was retreating.

The Thousand Bull Guard was furious: "Grand Duke Wei, you dare to disrespect His Majesty!"

Li Zhongqian paid him no attention and walked into the door without looking back.

With a bang, the door closed from the inside.

The people looked at each other.

Zheng Jing and Xue Wu exchanged glances and went back to the palace to return to their orders.

Although the Duke of Wei was rebellious-refusing to accept the decree-it was already extremely fortunate that he did not harm anyone's life.

Xue Wu said a few good words for Li Zhongqian.

The superior officer frowned and asked, "Did Grand Duke Wei truly become an invalid?"

The two men nodded: "It's true. We saw it with our own eyes."