Chapter 103: Sultan Gu

Gold and fine jade, rare gemstones, several feet high coral trees, exquisitely made ceramic glazed jars, brilliant and vibrant colors of dazzling jewels that delighted the eyes.

The messily piled-up treasure trunks on the floor reflected a gleam of splendid light, almost blinding Yaoying.

Bisha stood aside and made an inviting gesture: "Feel free to choose, Princess. There are several large carts prepared outside, so as long as the princess likes it, you can take it."

Yaoying returned to her senses and inwardly thought: Since Tumoroga was so rich, she wouldn't be polite with him.

She looked around, her eyes falling on a treasure box. Her heart suddenly turned upside down, stunned. Walking over, she picked up the small box, the tip of her nose sore and eyes slightly red.

"This is it."

Her voice sounded soft and hoarse.

Bisha froze for a moment, wanting to say something, but in the end, he returned to the inner hall to resume orders.

The hall was absolutely silent, the fragrance rising in spirals. Tumoroga was bathed in a cool ray of light, not speaking.

Bisha waited for a while. Seeing him immersed in reading his scriptures, he did not dare to disturb him and retreated.

Banruo was waiting outside the hall, asking with a tensed expression, "How many things did Princess Wenzhao take?"

Bisha looked back at Tumoroga on the jeweled couch. Looking thoughtful, he said carelessly, "Princess Wenzhao only took one thing."

Banruo was so anxious that smoke was coming out of his head. He questioned loudly, "What did the princess take?"

Bisha turned his head back and said, "A night pearl. The princess seemed to like it very much."

Banruo stomped his foot, saying, "Why did she take the night pearl?"

Bisha glanced at him, his eyes cold: "What, you think the princess took too much?"

Banruo was so anxious that he beat his chest: "I think the princess took too little! The medicinal herbs alone are more than one night pearl! Why didn't she take more!"

Bisha grinned, "Taking less, why are you angry? I remember that you dislike Princess Wenzhao very much."

Banruo glared at him, aggrieved, "General can still laugh? All of Princess Wenzhao's dowry was sent to the Buddhist temple, and now there are rumors in the city that the princess is so devoted to the king that she gave up all her personal belongings just to follow him! She now has an excuse to continue pestering the king!"

Bisha laughed, "What are you afraid of? No matter how infatuated Princess Wenzhao is, as long as the king is not moved, after a year, Princess Wenzhao will leave. She is a person who keeps her promise and would not obsessively bother the king."

The Mordenga maiden was willing to practice for one year in order to marry Ananda. Li Yaoying took a vow to follow the example of the Mordenga maiden and would only remain in the Royal Court for a year.

Unless Tumoroga's heart moved for her.

Banruo's chin lifted: "Of course the king will not be moved!"

The king was Ananda's reincarnation, born when the rose-tinted sky of the Holy City was full of clouds, the royal palace immersed in the Buddhist sound. The king was noble and holy, pure and free from desire. How could he be seduced by a Han princess? Even if she was born with a beauty that could cause the downfall of a city...