Chapter 63: Birthday

Today, they had at last crossed several mountains and arrived at an open plain between valleys. Yaoying finally moved back to the carriage, and Ayi knelt on the side to apply medicine to her.

Xie Qing followed the carriage on horseback as usual. The hilt of a knife lifted a corner of the curtain and a small porcelain bottle gradually came into view.

"Princess, this medicine is what I usually use. It is more potent than those ointments you brought; it will hurt when you use it, but it heals faster."

After saying that, added: "It will not leave scars."

Yaoying leaned over the table, and took the porcelain bottle. She laughed lightly: "You are quite attentive."

He usually always had a wood-like cold face, like a stupid person. Unexpectedly, she never thought he would take the initiative to give her medicine.

The knife's handle was pulled back, and the carriage's curtain was once again lowered.

Not a moment later, Xie Qing's voice came: "Princess... today is your birthday."

Yaoying froze for a moment.

Absent-mindedly, she remembered that when she was small, she went to her older cousin's hair-pinning ceremony and could not leave until it was dark. Li Zhongqian came over to pick her up, and seeing her sleepy eyes, he could not bear to wake her up and carried her back.

She was lying on Li Zhongqian's back and lost all tiredness, chattering and telling him how lively the banquet was.

Li Zhongqian laughed out loud: "When little seventh turns fifteen, elder brother will also give you a hair-pinning ceremony. It will be even more grand and lively than today's. All the trees in every street will be full of colored lanterns."

Yaoying hugged Li Zhongqian's neck and rubbed against it: "I don't want a hair-pinning ceremony. As long as aniang and elder brother accompany me, eating a bowl of longevity noodles will be enough."

At that time, she was carefree and without worries.

She did not expect that when she turned fifteen, even eating a bowl of longevity noodles had become a luxury.

Yaoying was distracted for a long time. It was not until Ayi finished applying the ointment and asked to withdraw that she slowly came back to her senses.

"I completely forgot..." She lifted the car curtain, tilted up her face, and looked at Xie Qing, smiling like a flower, "Ah Qing, you've bothered to remember this."

She had long forgotten what day and night it was.

Xie Qing lowered his head and didn't look at Yaoying.

"I understand why Princess didn't bring Chun Ru and them to the Yelu tribe." He looked at the sand covered with a thin layer of white snow under the horse's hooves, "If you had brought them here, they would have cried and cried all day long when they saw that Princess had suffered so much."

Yaoying smiled. Listening to Xie Qing's tone, he seemed to disdain Chun Ru?

Xie Qing's fingers clenched the hilt of his sword: "And if they were here... it would be difficult for them to escape the Eldest Prince's clutches."

Yaoying's face slightly sank.

The Eldest Prince was rude and savage. He did not try at all to hide his expression when looking at her. In the end, perhaps it was because he was afraid of his father, Tribal Chief Yelu, but these days, the Eldest Prince did not dare to be disrespectful to her. However, in front of her, he would pull one of the tribe's female slaves into his tent every day. Not long after, unstifled noises came from the tent.