Chapter 7 - Wrath

This year, during the Lantern Festival, the city of Chang'an was filled with people and the lanterns lit up the city like it was day.

The sons of the capital's noble families heard that the seventh princess was enjoying the lanterns at Xuanyang Square. The young overlord, the second prince, was not in the capital, so they immediately rushed over.

The seventh princess combed her hair into a round bun, wearing a gold lotus flower headdress. She was dressed in a pomegranate, gold-woven lapels, narrow-sleeved brocade dress decorated with delicate clusters of flowers, leather boots on her feet, and a leather belt was fastened around her waist. An ordinary outfit for rich young ladies, not elaborately decorated, but it still didn't cover up her outstanding beauty. The brilliant lights made her hair buns look like clouds, the skin of her plump cheeks like snow, and when talking to her maids, her smiling face bloomed, increasing the bright and beautiful charm.

  The youths' hearts were like beating drums as they distantly stood in the back.

Who would have thought that the Xue family's fifth son had drunk some Jiannang Shaochun before leaving home? The alcohol had gone to his head, going as far to dismount from his horse and advance towards her. His unsteady brain actually even read some unpleasant erotic verses to the seventh princess!

  The young sons were livid and about to reprimand Xue wu, when the Seventh Princess raised her eyes and faintly glanced at Xue wulang.

The next moment, the general by the princess's side immediately rose up, unsheathing a long sword.

  With a few slashes, the ghost mask on Xue wu's head cracked from the middle and shattered into several pieces.

  The shiny blade was only a finger's length away from the tip of Xue wu's nose. He trembled all over and stumbled numbly to the ground, wetting his pants in fear.

The seventh princess did not even look at Xue wu, choosing a ferocious-looking yaksha mask to cover her face, gently walking in light steps, continuing to browse through the lantern market.

  The young sons were dumbstruck, feeling cold sweat all over their body from fright.

Three days later, the second prince who had just returned to the capital heard about this matter. Furious, without even taking off his blood-stained battle robe, he went directly to the Xue residence with double hammers to murder.

  With a swing of the hammer, Xue wu lost half his life on the spot, but had to brace himself to get up and kowtow in apologies.

  Grand Commandant Xue and the elderly furen intervened to plead for Xue wu.

  Prime Minister Zheng, who lived next door, rushed over to make peace.

  The second prince was unmoved.

  If the Seventh Princess hadn't sent someone to stop the Second Prince, Xue wu would have become an invalid.

  ......

Since then, whenever the seventh princess left the palace, young sons would still eagerly chase her on horse, but none dared to go up and tease her.

When the seventh princess and the second prince traveled together, the timid dared not even show their faces.

  ......

  Something had happened up ahead, making the road congested. The coachman waved his long whip impatiently, but the intersection was still crowded.

  Passing carriages were all stuck in the middle of the road and complaints sounded from all directions.

  Li Yaoying waited for a while before sending Xie Qing to the front to see why the road was blocked.