Chapter 89: Buddha's Arrangement

A year ago in Chang'an, Yaoying was seeking medical treatment for her mother when she met Mondatipa in the Daci'en Temple.

At that time, she was a noble princess, and thousands of apricot flowers were blooming and flourishing in the temple, lush and beautiful, the blossoms like splendid clusters.

A year later in the Western Regions, when seeking refuge, Yaoying reunited with Mondatipa in the royal palace of the Holy City.

At this moment, she was stranded, struggling to make her way in a foreign land 8,800 miles away from her homeland, not knowing when she would be able to return to the capital and reunite with Li Zhongqian.

Nearly ten months had passed as if it were like a lifetime ago.

All the apprehension and torment slowly faded away like a receding wave. Yaoying smiled, holding back the sudden outpouring of sadness that rushed forth the moment she recognized Mondatipa. Standing at the bottom of the stairs, she was still the noble Seventh Princess of the Li family as when Mondatipa first met her.

"Venerable Master's dream has been fulfilled. Congratulations."

She said with a smile, her eyes shining.

Mondatipa's light brown eyes gazed at Yaoying for half a day, and a sighing look appeared on his face.

In these troubled times, he had traveled all over the Central Plains and the Western Regions. He had seen so many noble people meeting with misfortune that he thought this delicate princess, who had suffered so many tribulations, would burst into tears and fling herself at his feet asking for help.

But she did not.

She stood there with a smile on her face, her eyes as clear as stars, sincerely congratulating him on achieving his wish.

The past hardships seemed to only be tempering for her. Underneath her soft and beautiful appearance was the most resilient soul.

Mondatipa said slowly: "All things are karma, and everything is destined. Fate gathers then scatters, clouds of smoke, while life and death are natural. The princess and this poor monk met in Chang'an and reunited in this Royal Court. Perhaps, it is the Will of Heaven. "

Yaoying didn't understand his Buddhist verses, but she could hear his consolation: This is all fate; Princess need not be sad.

Yaoying smiled: "Probably."

Fate, she believed-Li Xuanzhen and Zhu Luyun were both always alive and well, how could they not die! Moreover, every time she changed Aniang and Elder Brother's fate, she was punished.

But so what?

It was one thing to believe; it was another to resign oneself to fate!

She had to grit her teeth and hang in there.

A little bit of overwhelming aura, a thousand miles of hasty wind, flying through the air, through thousands of miles in the vast sky, straight ahead at the clear sky1.

If unable to blast through the sky like a Kun Peng2, she would try her hardest to flap her wings and soar.

When there truly happened to be no way out, why not follow the example of the Jin Dynasty's Liu Ling3 and bury her when she dies?

So, the Venerable Master's words did not comfort her.

After sighing for a moment, Mondatipa looked at the wary-looking round-faced soldier standing to the side: "Banruo, the Seventh Princess is Buddha's son's guest. You must take good care of the princess and not neglect her."