Chapter 79: Western Regions

Yaoying became Haidu Aling's spoil of war.

Seemingly satisfied with her obedience, he agreed to leave several of Xie Qing and the others' lives behind.

Before being sent to the carriage, Yaoying looked back at the mountains towering in the twilight. As layers and stacks of sedimentary, the mountains and rivers were glorious.

She would return. She would go over those lofty mountains and return to her homeland.

...

Although he had just attacked the Wei empire and made an enemy of them, Haidu Aling was still completely unafraid. It was only after capturing Yaoying a mere one day's mile from Liangzhou did he unhurriedly return with his men and horses.

Yaoying was locked up in an iron-barred carriage, personally guarded by Haidu Aling's own soldiers.

She finally ate fresh food.

In the afternoon, the Northern Rong soldiers brought a Hu maidservant to Yaoying's side.

Yaoying looked at the other woman in surprise: "Why are you here?"

Tali wiped the corner of her eyes: "Slave remembered the Princess' instructions. After you left, slave also took advantage of the chaos to escape, but not long after, the Yelu tribe was annexed by the Northern Rong. The Eldest Prince and all the clan elders died... Slave had just found a place to settle down when the men in the tribe were killed by the Northern Rong, and us women became their slaves. "

Helong had been occupied by the Northern Rong. All tribes were forced to submit: men were killed, women became slaves.

Tali lowered her voice and said, "Princess, slave heard them say that the Northern Rong Khan attacked the Royal Court in the Western Regions. After suffering a defeat, he summoned Prince Aling back. Prince Aling is taking us back to the Western Regions."

Yaoying sighed softly.

Not long ago, she and Tali talked about the Quicksand River, about Tali's homeland, and at that time she thought she would never go to that distant foreign land in her life.

It turned out that the desolate Yelu tribe was not considered far from her homeland; the Western Regions, several thousand miles away, was truly far away.

That night, Yaoying was brought to Haidu Aling's tent.

"How did the Seventh Princess figure out my identity?"

The man who grew up among wolves was physically strong and stood by the long table like a majestic mountain. Holding a knife in his hand, he was slowly and methodically dissecting a wild deer that was not yet dead.

The smell of blood assaulted her nose.

Yaoying stood in front of the long table and said lightly, "I have heard my elder brother mention the prince of the Northern Rong."

"Oh?" Haidu Aling did not raise his head. His long knife sharply peeled off the skin of the wild deer, "I did fight with Li Zhongqian. He was very brave."

His words took a turn, "But Li Zhongqian was seriously wounded and has been in a coma. The person who is guarding Liangzhou is your Crown Prince. As far as I know, there is a feud between you and the Crown Prince. If it were not for the design of the Eastern Palace, you wouldn't have ended up in this situation."

Haidu Aling lifted his head. His light yellow eyes were like sparkling ceramic glass in the candle flame.

"Your father took you in exchange for Yelu Hazhu's loyalty, the Crown Prince had you marry instead of the woman he loved, and when your elder brother was injured, the ministers looked on without taking action. Why did you still inform them?"