Chapter 82

Yaoying was taken to the tent and guarded closely.

She wanted to see Xie Qing's condition, but the Hu women did not allow her to go near and dragged the dying Xie Qing away.

Yaoying was anxious.

Pretending to know Tumoroga was a good method to get free.

Wakhan Khan was wary of Tumoroga, yet admired him for holding on to the Royal Court for more than a decade with his sickly body. This time, he not only made a covenant of non-aggression with him but also swore that no matter what happened in the future, the Northern Rong would never harm his family-Tumoroga had an older sister.

In the book, Haidu Aling, who killed his uncle and murdered his younger brothers without mercy, also kept this promise.

After the destruction of the Royal Court, Tumoroga's older sister survived.

This method was very good, but Haidu Aling was too sharp. Yaoying's lie told in a moment of desperation could not really bluff him.

Haidu Aling was now urgently going to Sha City to rendezvous with Wakhan Khan, so he did not have the time to deal with her. When he returned, how would she respond?

She didn't even know Tumoroga.

No, there was no need to wait for Haidu Aling's return. If he met Tumoroga in Sha City and asked him about her, her lie would immediately collapse.

Yaoying sat cross-legged on the felt carpet, calculating quickly in her mind.

She could not panic. Xie Qing and the others' safety depended on her, so she had to calm down and think of a way to stall Haidu Aling before he came back.

Or find a way to escape from the camp.

This place was very close to the Royal Court. As long as she could escape to the Royal Court, the people of the Northern Rong would not dare to go to the Royal Court to catch her.

She could not stay here any longer.

Tali came into the tent to deliver Yaoying's lunch: a few flatbreads and a bowl of broth.

Yaoying asked her to send some medicine for Xie Qing's wounds.

Tali flinched and did not dare to agree. She had already returned to her homeland as she wished and did not dare to rashly take the risk.

Yaoying did not force her.

Tali was ashamed and hesitated when she went out, saying: "Princess, you have already arrived here. Where else can you escape to? There are 8,000 miles between here and the Central Plains. Even if you escape, you will not be able to return to the Central Plains. Why don't you follow Prince Aling in the future? He is very good at fighting and the other princes are afraid of him. Although this place is not as prosperous as the Central Plains, you can still live an honorable life as before."

She knew that the princess had been secretly making inquiries on the troop's manpower arrangement all this way, trying to escape.

Yaoying didn't say anything, bowing her head to eat the flatbread.

Haidu Aling was cold-blooded and gloomy in nature. She could not really give in. Once she did, he had even more means to torment her. She would be like the divine eagle he tamed; even with a solid pair of wings, she would never be able to escape from his palm.

Not only that, but he would not be lenient to Xie Qing and the others.

Yaoying was apprehensive and had no appetite, forcing herself to finish eating the broth and hubing.