Chapter 59: Married Away

Zheng Biyu informed Yaoying: although Tribal Chief Yelu was still on the warpath, the big wedding would still take place as scheduled. Tribal Chief Yelu's son would take her to Tribal Chief Yelu's encampment. When Tribal Chief Yelu returned to the tribe, the wedding would be completed in compliance with the Yelu tribe's customs.

Yaoying nodded calmly.

She organized all the books and accounts and handed them over to the housekeeper.

Some of the silver money she had saved over the years was used to pay off the court ministers. That was why ministers that sympathized with the Xie family had forced Li De to allow Li Zhongqian to be adopted into the Xie family that night.

Yaoying had stored the rest in different places, just in case.

As for the land, residences, books, and stores, they were also taken care of by loyal servants.

When Li Zhongqian returned, all of the Xie family's accounts would be neat and orderly, unlikely to bother him too much.

As the wedding date was getting closer and closer, Yaoying went to the imperial villa.

She was afraid Xie Manyuan would be sad. Recently, she had not come to see Xie Manyuan for some time, and Xie Manyuan was unable to recognize her.

Many ginkgo trees had been planted in the imperial villa. It was already the seventh lunar month, when the golden-yellow leaves were falling gently and spreading all over the courtyard.

The palace maids and chambermaids accompanied Xie Manyuan in collecting the ginkgo leaves under the trees.

Xie Manyuan was full of smiles, saying happily, "Erlang, qiniang, collect more. Aniang will teach you to make ginkgo soup."

The palace maids and chambermaids laughed and answered yes.

Yaoying stood in the darkest area of the curved corridor. After watching on for a long time, she turned around to leave the Buddhist temple.

When she returned to the wangfu, the Chief Historian, who had just returned from Dongdu, wiped the corners of his eyes and said, "Erlang's injury is much better, but he still cannot get up."

The Southern Chu people were experts at using poison. Li Zhongqian's poison was so intense that after he woke up, his consciousness was hazy to the extent that he couldn't even sit up.

Wei Ming placed him in Dongdu. Yaoying sent the Xie family's generals to guard him in Dongdu, so that when she got married and Wei Ming released him, the generals could send Li Zhongqian back to Jingnan.

Yaoying asked the Chief Historian, "Can elder brother recognize people yet?"

The Chief Historian's eyes were red: "Erlang slips between sleep and consciousness. At times, he fell asleep for two to three days at a time. I watched over him for a few days, but he did not recognize me."

Yaoying sat, lost in thought for a moment, then said, "When elder brother is better, don't tell him I had married far away. He is injured now, unable to even get out of bed. If you let him know, he will get agitated. Then, how will he recover from his injuries?"

The chief historian nodded in response, "Princess... after erlang gets better?"

When Li Zhongqian became sober and discovered that Yaoying had not been going to see him, he would certainly be suspicious.

Yaoying sat in front of the window and closed the account book: "Hide it for however long you can hide it. Tell elder brother that he is my only hope. He has to be well."