Chapter 167 - Secret Meeting

Yao Ying had a vivid dreams all night.

The following morning, she was combing her hair in front of a bronze mirror. She raised each arm lightly, braiding her thick black hair into numerous plaits, each adorned with golden threads and embellishments of gold flowers and silver bells. After a few knocks on the door, Sultan Gu arrived.

He was wearing the ghostly mask once again.

Yao Ying invited him into the room and without waiting for him to speak, she sat in front of him, rolled up her sleeves neatly and extended her arms toward him. As she moved, the silver bells on her braided hair trembled lightly, producing melodious tinkling sounds.

"General Su, I'm feeling much better now. There's no time to lose. We will go to the palace today."

Seeing her eager posture, she must have been waiting for him for quite some time.

Sultan Gu remained silent and put his fingers on Yaoying's wrist. There was a thin layer of calluses on his fingertips, rough and cold. She couldn't help but shiver slightly.

It was a clear sunny day, with the sun rising after the snow. The morning glow reflects on the place, creating a brilliant halo in front of the porch.

Yao Ying sat cross-legged, lost in thought. This time, she was fully conscious and did not dare to touch Sultan Gu's mask again. She recalled her questions before drifting off to sleep last night and asked softly, "General Su, does the Buddha also need medicinal herbs?"

Sultan Gu's eyelashes trembled and he raised his eyes.

Yao Ying met his gaze. "Venerable Mondatipa didn't cure the buddha. The water anise herb only temporarily suppressed his pain. He will still get sick from time to time, right?"

Before Mondatipa left the holy city, she went to see him off and asked about Tumoroga's illness. Mondatipa had evaded the question with a regretful tone.

At that time, she hadn't thought much about it. Now, however, it seemed that Mondatipa's regret was likely due to the fact that he could only temporarily alleviate Tumoroga's pain with the water anise herb and could not completely cure his illness.

What disease was Tumoroga suffering from? Was he unable to leave seclusion each time due to the severity of his illness?

Mondatipa admired him very much, so why didn't he cure him completely? leaving only the prescription of water anise herb and returning to Tianzhu?

These doubts troubled Yao Ying's mind.

Sultan Gu looked at Yao Ying, and there was no ripple in his jade-like eyes as he said, "The king's illness is an old and chronic condition. It is not something that can be cured overnight."

Yao Ying glanced at him.

Even though his tone was as serious as usual, she could still sense the evasion in his words.

This was understandable. Tumoroga was of high status, and the ministers in the royal court had no knowledge of his serious illness. She, as an outsider, knew the truth and had directly asked questions. The fact that Sultan Gu hadn't warned her was already quite tolerant of him.

Sultan Gu looked up, gazing at the rosy morning glow outside.

"Why did the princess bring up this question?"

Yao Ying furrowed her brows slightly. "Water anise herb is highly toxic. Although it can dispel dampness, alleviate pain, reduce fever, and detoxify, frequent use can damage the body. When preparing the pill that I regularly take, I add dried and ground water mugwort grass. I only take the pill once a month, and the dosage is small but it still needs to be powdered. Even then, I still need to take medicinal herbs regularly. When I saw the prescription that Mondatipa prepared for the Buddha, the amount of water anise herb used in his prescription was three times that of my preparation. The Buddha will definitely damage his roots if he takes the medicine for a long time."