Chapter 162 - Yang Qian

The night fell and heavy snowflakes filled the air.

There were several loud booms and the market closed. Yuanjue escorted Yao Ying downstairs and boarded an inconspicuous felt carriage.

Merchants gradually emerged from the market one after another, creating a bustling scene.

After the carriage had traveled half a block, Xie Chong whispered, "Princess, someone is following us."

A slit in the felt cloth lifted, and Yao Ying's voice came through, "Let's take a few turns before heading back. Send someone to check who's following us." Xie Chong nodded quietly and pointed to two assistants from the caravan. They dealt with Hu merchants every day and were already familiar with the route to the royal city.

The assistants lowered their heads beneath their fur hats and soon disappeared into the bustling crowd.

The coachman deliberately turned into an alley, weaving through several twists and turns, throwing off several pursuers.

Yuan Jue, with keen senses, carefully observed the surroundings, scanning in all directions. He lowered his voice and said, "Everyone else has lost track of us, but there's still a man following us."

Yao Ying lifted the felt with her delicate hand, showing interest in the man following them as she peered outside. Her bright eyes looked around as she asked, "Can you see who it is?"

Yuan Jue's mouth opened a few times, then he suddenly stuttered. Today, Yao Ying had met several groups of people.

Not understanding the Chinese language, Yuanjue was unaware of what they had discussed. The Han visitors, after entering the room, initially looked startled, but then displayed excitement and fervor. Some were trembling all over, some wept uncontrollably, and others even sobbed aloud.

Yao Ying treated them politely, offering courteous gestures while maintaining an air of composure. Eventually, after some conversations and exchanges, Yao Ying said a few words, and everyone immediately stood up, facing the east to pay their respects with solemn expressions.

After bidding each group farewell, Yao Ying had to freshen up. Before the last group left, the market was about to close. She didn't have time to remove her makeup and only hastily removed her hairpins and hair accessories. She took off her expensive gauze dress then changing it into a simple and warm rounded-collar tunic instead. Her face was still covered with heavy makeup.

From a distance during the day, Yanjue already found Yao Ying stunning so he didn't dared to look directly at her face. Now, with her captivatingly makeup close at hand, her charming smile and unparalleled grace overwhelmed his senses. It was simply touching that his heartbeat accelerated suddenly. He hurriedly lowered his head, silently reciting Buddhist prayers.

At this moment, he sincerely admired the son of Buddha. Faced with such temptation, the Buddha's son were able to maintain composure. He was worthy of being their king!

Yaoying thought Yuanjue didn't hear clearly, so she asked again: "Can you see clearly who that person is?"

She had been talking all day and from time to time she had to raise her voice to make it sternly and solemnly, to intimidate the aristocrats. Her voice sounded hoarse and deep, far from her usual gentle and graceful tone.

Yuanjue's face turned hot, and he buried his head low, handing over a fur-wrapped water bag, saying, "Princess, have some warm goat's milk to soothe your throat."

Yao Ying smiled and thanked him, taking the water bag in her hand. After a day of speaking forcefully, she was indeed feeling discomfort in her throat.