Chapter 34: Bestowing Marriage

Eastern Palace, study.

  The back window overlooked the lotus pond. The edge of the pond was densely covered moss forming a green shadow. The cool wind blew gently, sending a wave of lotus fragrance.

  The sound of footsteps suddenly echoed out from the deep corridor under the shade beneath the willow, and Zheng Biyu walked briskly across the courtyard, her complexion even more gloomy than the pond water.

  The guards hesitated for a moment, but did not dare to stop her and silently retreated.

  The aides and advisors were deliberating in the house. Hearing the noise outside the door, they looked up in surprise.

  Zheng Biyu walked in without announcement, and her sullen gaze fell straight on Wei Ming.

  Everyone was taken aback.

  The Crown Princess was gentle and virtuous, dignified and polite. She never rashly came to the outer courtyard's study. Even if there were important matters to inform the advisors, it would be relayed through the screen. Why did she directly barge in today?

  Zheng Biyu swept a glance around. Her finger painted with scarlet polish pointed toward Wei Ming.

The guards outside the door immediately rushed into the study and pressed Wei Ming to kneel.

  Everyone, dumbfounded, finally reacted and rushed forward to stop them, but were driven out by other guards.

  Wei Ming was a scholar and had never suffered such humiliation. So angry that his whole face turned red, he raised his head, glowering at Zheng Biyu.

  Zheng Biyu looked down at him coldly: "How dare you use your female master to do such a despicable thing."

  Wei Ming laughed grimly: "I am planning for His Highness the Crown Prince. Crown Princess is His Highness's wife, and shares His Highness's troubles, so why are you questioning Wei mou for an outsider?"

  A sarcastic smile flitted across Zheng Biyu's face: "It is because I am His Highness's wife that I have to punish such a sinister villain like you on His Highness's behalf. The Seventh Princess is His Highness's younger sister and has never been an enemy of the Eastern Palace. You actually used such a tactic against an innocent Princess of Li clan!"

And used her! She was a di daughter of the Zheng clan, the Crown Princess of Great Wei, and didn't care for using such tricks to harm others!

  Wei Ming laughed loudly, "Right. Wei mou is indeed a villain! As long as Wei mou is one of the Crown Prince's advisors, I have to make long-term plans for the Crown Prince. The prince can be kind and forgiving, but Wei mou cannot! For the Crown Prince's sake, Wei mou can be unscrupulous, can be shameless, can be despicable and nasty. As long as I can remove Qin wang, our greatest worry, Wei mou is willing to be a villain!"

  Zheng Biyu gritted her teeth and said, "This has nothing to do with the Seventh Princess!"

  Wei Ming snorted and straightened his back: "Your Highness, Wei mou also thought that the Seventh Princess was nothing more than a woman, so no need to care about her. But it was this Seventh Princess, who has been weak and sickly since childhood, who helped Qin wang avoid disaster time and time again...."

  He paused for a moment and lowered his voice, "And this Seventh Princess can also influence the Crown Prince's decision time and time again, making the Crown Prince waver and indecisive in his action!"

  Zheng Biyu froze for a moment.

  "What is the connection between the Seventh Princess and the Crown Prince?"

Thousand Miles of Bright Moonlightजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें