Chapter 9 - Public Execution

The second prince explained before going to war, whether it was military affairs or the food in the wangfu, all at the seventh princess's discretion.

  The Chief Historian waited for Li Yaoying to give her instructions.

  Xu Biao strained his neck and snorted lightly a few times, his face full of mockery.

  In the stifling silence, a buzzing chatter came from all around, and the circle of onlookers grew as more and more people gathered around.

  Li Yaoying did not issue an order to clear the scene, and the guards did not drive away the people.

  The Chief Hisotrian's face was grave.

  Yaoying glanced at him lightly: "Since the evidence was conclusive and Xu Biao has admitted his guilt, then deal with him according to military law."

  The Chief Historian's heart was shocked.

  Really according to military law? The Seventh Princess was easygoing, tolerant and generous, and had never scolded her maids and palace staff....

  Yaoying's brows were lightly knitted.

  The Chief Historian hid his surprise and did not hesitate any longer, "Execution!"

Two guards answered and took two steps forward, pressing Xu Biao to make him kneel down.

  Xie Qing walked up to Xu Biao, unsheathing a long sword.

  Xu Biao's face turned white, completely sober.

  The wangfu's subordinates didn't expect Li Yaoying to actually carry out the execution. They turned pale with fright, and tremblingly spoke: "Princess, spare Xu Biao this time, he is reckless in nature...."

  Yaoying raised her hand.

  Xie Qing's action of drawing the sword immediately stopped.

  The subordinates of the wangfu breathed a sigh of relief.

  Yaoying looked at Xu Biao: "Are you used to using your left hand or your right hand?"

  Xu Biao lost all his courage and froze for a moment, saying, "Right hand."

  Yaoying nodded and said to Xie Qing, "Cut off his left hand."

  Xie Qing responded, slashing down with the long sword.

  There was a flash of cold light.

  The long sword cut off two fingers of the left hand and blood gushed out.

  Xu Biao screamed out in misery.

  A few of the wangfu's subordinates shivered in fear and subconsciously clenched both their hands.

  The crowd of onlookers was quiet for a moment, and then erupted in loud discussion.

  "The princess has dealt with that evil thief according to military law!"

  "The Wei army is strict in its governance, and the second prince is a noble prince, how could he forcibly rob innocent people? It's all because of these villains making mischief!"

  "The Seventh Princess was clear in her rewards and punishments!"

  Outside the wine shop, there was nonstop applause and praise.

  Xu Biao was taken away to have his wounds bandaged.

  Yaoying's scalp tingled and her body trembled slightly.