Chapter 155 - Fire

At sunset, the market had already closed, and the long street gradually became desolate.

Inside the post house, there was a lively scene of music and revelry. The little prince Jinbo occupied the hall, drinking fine wine and enjoying the performance of Hu Ji and her dancers.

In the midst of the freezing winter, with ice forming from dripping water, Hu Ji, dressed in a sheer garment that subtly revealed her snow-white skin, danced gracefully, her long skirt swirling and her movements dazzling. There was a curfew in the royal city of Gaochang, and the merchants in the posthouse were not allowed to go out. They sat in a corner and watched the graceful figure of Huji. From time to time, they applauded loudly, and they proactively came forward to flatter Jin Bo, fawning and flattering him to the fullest.

  Jin Bo was so drunk that his face was red and he was very proud of himself. Instead of driving away the merchants, he generously invited them to drink together.

The hall resounded with noise and excitement.

Yaoying was wearing a half-sleeved brocade robe, long braided hair, and leather boots, dressed as a man. She stood in the corner, staring at the lobby downstairs, and said to Xie Qing and others beside her: "You guys should pay attention to the little prince. If something unexpected happens, save his life and don't let him die."

  Several people responded. Xie Qing asked: "Who would want to kill the little prince? Yuchi Damo?"

  Yaoying shook her head: "People from Northern Rong".

Previously, several reminders from Yaoying made Wakhan Khan suspicious of Haidu Aling. Several other young princes also began to be wary of Haidu Aling, and internal conflicts in the Northern Rong royal family broke out in advance.

  Jin Bo was the most favored son of Wakhan Khan among all the princes. Unfortunately, he was also the most impulsive, ambitious and lacking in talent. He had always been dissatisfied with Haidu Aling for stealing his limelight during the festival of offering to the gods when he was fifteen years old. He repeatedly opposed Haidu Aling and had often instigated conflicts with words in front of Wakhan Khan.

  Now that Haidu Aling's calculated move has been discovered, the Northern Rong royal family must be at war with each other, and the undercurrent is surging.

  Jin Bo had hated Haidu Aling for many years and wanted to get rid of him quickly. At this time, he did not stay in court and beat up the drowned dog with his other brothers. Instead, he hid his identity and went north to Gaochang. It wasn't hard to guess his purpose - he wished to borrow troops from Yuchi Damo and the Turkestan Princess Inna to kill Haidu Aling.

  Wakhan Khan was very ambitious when he was young. He led his tribe to sweep across the grasslands and quickly grew in strength. As he grew older, his style tended to be cautious and conservative. Especially after his defeat at the hands of Tumoroga, he became even more troubled and acted timidly and indecisively.

Even if he knew that Haidu Aling was a hidden danger, he could not make up his mind in just a few months to kill his adopted son who had the same father-son relationship with him.

Firstly, Wakhan Khan considered himself a descendant of the Divine Wolf, he was proud and arrogant. He believed that it was natural for the warriors of the tribe to challenge their leader. In his worldview, the strong ruled, and as the leader, he couldn't just kill his subordinates due to his own suspicions.

Secondly, although Haidu Aling wasn't his biological son, in recent years he had been victorious in battles, showing extraordinary bravery and ambition, earning a reputation that surpassed that of his brothers.