Chapter 33

Prompt: Demi is pregnant, and her and Naya are finally ready to announce it.

Naya sighed lightly as she propped herself on her elbow and rested her chin in the palm of her hand before reaching out with her empty hand to brush the sheets down her wife’s body, running her hand over her stomach.

"Good morning, baby Rivera." Naya whispered with a soft smile on her lips, her eyes darting up to see Demi’s lips curl into a gentle smile. "It looks like mommy is about to join us in our good morning ritual."

"Oh, don’t stop on my account." Demi chuckled as she watched Naya duck her head down to press a loving kiss to the blonde’s t-shirt covered stomach, Demi giggling lightly as she buried her fingers in dark locks.

Naya took a few silent minutes to run her fingers over the beginnings of a gentle swell, the older Latina feeling her heart swell in her chest as she released a sigh of awe before biting her lower lip softly.

"How’s life going in there, baby boo? Let’s see, you are about three months old and I’m so excited to meet you.” Naya confessed in a gentle whisper. “But don’t rush out, okay? I want you to be big and strong when you finally greet the world.”

"I have no doubt that they’ll be big and strong like their mama." Demi assured the woman with a soft smile, Naya glancing up at the younger woman who flashed her a soft wink. "But baby and mommy want breakfast."

"Oh yeah? And what do you and baby Rivera want?" Naya questioned as she dropped one last kiss to Demi’s stomach before crawling up the bed to brush her lips against her wife’s. "I can make breakfast, or we can go out and eat."

"Mm, I kind of want to go out and eat but at the same time I kind of want to have a nice morning in with you." Demi hummed as Naya continued to lay gentle pecks upon her lips as she hovered over her.

"Okay, how about we go pick up some breakfast and then bring it back here?" Naya suggested with a raise of her eyebrow, drawing away from the blonde slowly. "You’re going to have to come because you change your mind about your order every five minutes."

Demi pouted at the idea of getting out of bed before sighing heavily as she felt Naya tumble off the bed before skipping off to get ready, the pregnant blonde glancing down at her stomach and giving it a soft pat as she stood to join her wife.

Thirty minutes later, the two women were exiting a little diner with bags of goodies and Naya felt her jaw clench slightly when she caught sight of a swarm of paparazzi that was perched out near their car.

"Baby," Naya muttered in a low, protective voice as she squeezed Demi’s hand, the blonde glancing up from her phone as she looked at her wife. "I don’t want them getting near you, D. What do we do?"

"We act like we always do, Naya." Demi shrugged as she slid her phone into her back pocket before giving Naya’s hand a gentle squeeze, the dark-haired woman puffing out a breath as she moved to stand in front of Demi. "You’re being obvious."

"No, I’m protecting my pregnant wife from the vultures who try to convince the world it’s safe to run after people who’d enjoy having a private life.” Naya hissed over her shoulder, wincing when the lights of cameras started.

"Demi, Naya how are you?"

"Demi, can we get a picture? Why are you back to blonde?"

"Naya, how does it feel to have a career outside of Glee?"

"Demi, are you excited for XFactor live shows this week?"

The questions came at them from all directions as Naya led Demi to the passenger door, opening it for her wife and helping her in before slamming the door shut and shoving her way to the driver’s side.