Chapter 35 Part Three

A/N: I'm so sorry it's been so long! Here's the next three chapters for 'Marry Somebody'.

Marry someone who isn’t afraid or embarrassed to hold your hand in public.

When Dani had been in high school, her sexuality was something she didn’t hide but was also something she didn’t go out of her way to let people know about; every one just figured that no guys were interested in her.

After moving to New York, she had only been able to experience a handful of girlfriends before Santana came into her life, not that she was complaining; she was finally happy, and she had finally found someone who was proud to be with her.

"Tell me again why you’re dragging me along to this thing…" Santana pouted as she walked alongside the older woman, her hands tucked comfortably in her peacoat. "Couldn’t we just stay in and watch movies?"

"San, you know I’ve been planning to go to this show for a month. You’re the one who suggested you go as my date.” Dani reminded her with a small chuckle. “I promise we won’t stay long, I just have to make sure Kate knows I was there.”

"Ugh, I hate Kate." Santana grumbled as she rolled her eyes, Dani watching her with a look of amusement before rolling her eyes. "I’m serious, all that girl does is go on and on about how perfect her life is."

"It is kind of perfect." Dani shrugged as she skipped up the steps leading to the museum doors, opening one and gesturing for Santana to enter. “I mean, look at how successful her life is with all her art.”

"Yeah, yeah." Santana huffed with another roll of her eyes before she heard the chatter of people in a room not too far away. "Are you sure you don’t want to back out? We can get out of here and order Chinese food."

"As tempting as that sounds, I promised Kate I’d be here tonight." Dani replied as she shrugged off her coat, draping it over her arm and watching as Santana did the same. "And can I say, you look beautiful tonight?"

Dani smiled lightly when she caught sight of Santana’s blush as she unbuttoned her coat to reveal her modest red evening gown, her dark locks curled to perfection and resting gently to frame her face.

"Not quite as beautiful as you, m’dear." Santana winked causing Dani’s cheeks to heat up as she glanced down at her own black gown, smoothing her hands over the material. "I think we’re going to be the hottest couple here."

"I have to agree." Dani smirked before offering her arm to the younger woman, Santana chuckling as she moved forward to tuck her hand in the crook of Dani’s elbow. "So, shall we get this evening over with?"

"Please." Santana mumbled.

The pair walked through the hallway before entering a room full of guests that were laughing and talking while sipping from wine glasses as they surrounded the dozens of painting that adorned the nearby walls.

Dani smiled lightly as she was greeted by familiar faces who wrapped her in gentle hugs that held no warmth like the ones she usually received from Santana’s friends, and she couldn’t help but judge them for the smiles that seemed painted onto their faces.

"Danielle?"

Dani froze when she heard the nasally voice pass through the air, her eyes squeezing shut for a moment before she schooled her features and plastered a fake smile onto her face as she turned to face the redhead.

"Alice." Dani greeted in a pinched tone as she stepped forward, the redheaded woman flashing her a small, cold smile before quickly gathering Dani a brief embrace that caused her to cringe slightly. "It’s been so long."