Chapter 52*

Prompt: Taylor comes home drunk.

The sound of laughter and music filled the air as Sarah Miller leaned back against the wall, her green eyes flickering throughout the room as she watched her friends walk throughout the house with drunk smiles.

"Hey, baby," Taylor Lopez slurred as she approached the redhead, her arms moving to wrap around the shorter girl's waist as she smiled down at her. "Y-you should get on my level, baby. It feels like I'm flying."

"Sweetheart, you are so drunk." Sarah sighed with a shake of her head as she took the red cup from Taylor's hand watching as the brunette giggled before nodding in agreement. "I think we should get out of here."

"Why?" Taylor whined as she pouted her lower lip even as she allowed Sarah to begin to lead her towards the front door. "We've only been here for a couple of hours, I wanna play one more game of beer pong with Addison."

"No, you're going back to my place," Sarah declared as she struggled to keep the taller girl upright, her own feet stumbling as she glanced nervously at her girlfriend. "I mean, are you okay with going back to my house?"

"No," Taylor replied, dragging the word out with a dramatic sigh as she pulled herself away from Sarah and stumbled out of the house. "I wanna go home so I can see my moms. I wanna tell my mommy how beautiful she is."

"I doubt your mom is going to want to know how beautiful she is at two in the morning, babe. Maybe you can tell her tomorrow after you sober up," Sarah grumbled as she opened the passenger door to her car and watched Taylor fall into her seat.

Sarah sighed heavily with a shake of her head as she shut the door, the metal barely muffling the loud laughter that was spilling from Taylor's lips; the redhead was suddenly regretting the idea of going to this party.

It was Friday night and they had just won another basketball game so of course Taylor had been in the party mood much to Sarah's dismay, and after multiple pleads and a smothering amount of kisses, Sarah had agreed.

Now, as she watched Taylor lean her head back against the headrest of the seat as she laughed loudly, she was wishing she had convinced her girlfriend to settle for something as simple as their usual Friday movie nights.

The pair drove in complete silence, well aside from the random animal noises that Taylor made as she giggled madly and rolled around in her seat while Sarah shook her head and increased her speed in order to get her girlfriend home.

"Do you wanna sing with me, baby? Let's sing a song." Taylor giggled as she turned her head to glance at the redhead sitting beside her. "L-let's sing that one song my mom wrote, what's it called again? Neon Brights?"

"Neon Lights, sweetheart." Sarah replied with a roll of her eyes as she flashed her girlfriend a slightly annoyed lick, her blinker clicking through the cab of the car causing Taylor perk up in her seat slightly.

"Do you hear that, Sarah? I think I hear birds," Taylor mumbled as she furrowed her brow in concentration, holding a hand up as she caught sight of Sarah's mouth opening. "Shh, I'm trying to listen."

"Taylor, stop," Sarah ordered as she pulled into her girlfriend's driveway, the brunette squeaking at the sight of her house. "Taylor, you've got to be quiet. If you get caught you're going to be grounded."

Taylor giggled as she cupped a hand over her mouth before nodding her head eagerly and turning to exit the car only to slam her forehead against the glass window causing a bark of laughter to leave her.

Sarah sighed heavily as she left the comfort of the car and watched as Taylor struggled to get out of the car, her body swaying slightly as she stumbled forward to catch up with the awaiting redhead.