Chapter 55

Prompt: Naya surprises Demi on a talk show.

"Please welcome Demi Lovato!"

The sound of applause and cheer swept over Demi as she stepped from behind the curtain, waving to the audience as she met Conan at the couch and allowed him to set a gentle hand on her arm before he pressed a quick peck to her cheek.

Beaming lightly, Demi hugged the man gently before giving Andy a quick embrace as she sunk slowly into the familiar yellow chair, settling back against the material as the applause and yells slowly died down.

"Well, its been awhile!" Conan began as everything finally fell silent watching as the now dark-haired woman nodded eagerly in agreement. "I see many things have changed in your life, like your hair."

"Oh yeah," Demi grinned with a slight blush as she unconsciously reached up to touch her brown locks, wrapping a few strands around her finger before giggling. "You know me, I love a good change."

Conan laughed in agreement before diving quickly into talk of her fifth year on XFactor and her upcoming tour, the brunette practically bouncing in her seat as she spoke of how excited she was to show off her new stuff to her Lovatics.

"So, there's another big change in your life, like the rock on your hand." Conan noted with a raise of his eyebrow before gesturing towards the engagement ring on her finger. "Looks like somebody really loves you."

"Yes, she does." Demi giggled as she slowly lifted her hand, staring down at her ring before running her thumb over the diamond. "I tried to convince her not to buy anything too expensive, but she insisted."

"Well, if she ever wants to buy me a ring, the bigger the better." Conan winked as he looked towards the audience, wiggling his eyebrows and listening to Demi's giggle. "And remind me, who are you engaged to again?"

"You might not know her, her name is Naya Rivera." Demi answered with a tilt of her head as she shrugged lightly. "She's this really fantastic woman who used to star on Glee and has an awesome album in the works."

"Naya Rivera," Conan repeated with a look of puzzlement, tapping lightly at his chin as he pretended to think it through before frowning as he looked back at his guest. "Yeah, that name isn't ringing a bell."

"See, I figured it wouldn't," Demi shrugged before giggling lightly. "No, but seriously, she is probably the best thing that could've happened to me. I'm really glad that I signed on to do Glee with her."

"Do you guys have a wedding date set or anything?" Conan asked as he propped his elbow on his desk, resting his chin in his hand as he watched Demi beam before nodding. "Do you care to share with us?"

"No," Demi answered after a moment of hesitation, wincing lightly when the crowd gave cries of disappointment. "Naya and I kind of want our wedding to stay private for right now, the only people who really know about it are our families."

"That's understandable, I respect that." Conan nodded before flashing her a smile, batting his eyelashes at her till she pulled a face and raised an eyebrow. "Well, aren't you going to tell me if I'm invited or not?"

"Ooh, that's up to my beautiful fiancee," Demi shrugged causing Conan to huff as he faked a tantrum, playfully throwing his cards aside as he crossed his arms over his chest. "Naya's in charge of the guest list."

"Fine," Conan sighed before turning his seat to face the audience, Demi frowning in confusion as she watched his gaze scan through the crowd before targeting on something. "Am I invited to the wedding?"

Demi spun to face the audience as the question left his mouth and a beam quickly appeared on her face as she caught sight of the dark-haired woman sitting perfectly poised in a front row seat, a smirk pressed on her lips.