Chapter 45*

Prompt: Taylor announces Santana and Dani's engagement.

"Auntie Rachel!" Taylor exclaimed as she jumped into the short brunette’s arms, the woman laughing lightly as she held the little girl to her before pressing a kiss to her head. "I missed you!"

"I missed you too, Taylor." Rachel laughed as she released the little girl, the six-year-old tilting her head back slightly to beam up at the woman. "How have you been? Are you enjoying your first grade year?"

"Eh, it’s okay." Taylor shrugged with a frown on her face before she noticed the blonde man standing beside Rachel causing a lopsided grin to appear on her face as she watched the man fidget slightly. "Hi, Sammy."

"Hi, Taylor." Sam replied with a nod of his head as he rested a gentle hand on the small of Rachel’s back, Taylor stepping aside to allow the two adults entrance to the house. "Where is Santana and your mom at?"

"Mama is in the kitchen, and mommy is cleaning up the living room." Taylor chirped before her ears perked up as she heard the chime of the doorbell ring once more. "That’s Uncle Kurt and Blaine!"

The six-year-old skipped off leaving Rachel and Sam to silently gap at one another for a moment before they hesitated for a moment before moving towards the kitchen, Santana busy preparing their weekly dinner.

"Hey, San." Rachel grinned, the Latina turning to look at her with a small smile as she crossed the room to give both of her friends quick hugs. "Amazingly, Taylor has somehow managed to get cuter since the last time I saw her."

"Yeah, she gets that from her mom." Santana replied with a slight wink before she turned back to the stove, Sam lingering for a moment before slipping away to go find Dani.

"So, mama, how’s life treating you?”

Rachel noticed the way Santana’s shoulders tightened slightly at the purr of the name before she turned to face Rachel, the brunette’s eyebrows shooting up as she caught sight of the large beam that had spread across her best friend’s face.

"Since when have you been mama?"

"Um, since like three days ago." Santana answered as she brushed a quick hand through her dark locks, shaking her head with a light laugh. "Rach, I don’t know how to put into words how happy I am with my life right now."

"Well, you deserve all the happiness in the world, San." Rachel assured her before she glanced over her shoulder to see Kurt walking towards the kitchen with Taylor on his back. "I see she’s found a spot to hang out."

"Yeah, she gave Blaine a hug and then pounced on me." Kurt chuckled as he paused in the doorway of the kitchen, Taylor resting her chin on his shoulder as he sniffled the air. "Mm, something smells good."

"Mama is making chicken for dinner, Uncle Kurt. She makes the best chicken.” Taylor grinned, Kurt shooting Santana a wide eyed expression that she quickly waved off. “Mama, what are we having for desert?”

"Well, baby girl, I think your mommy made her famous apple pie." Santana replied as she turned back to the stove, stirring the mashed potatoes carefully. "Why don’t you go see what Blaine and Sam are doing to your mommy?"

The six-year-old quickly slid off of Kurt’s back and did as she was told, her sock clad feet slipping and sliding on the hardwood floor causing Santana to bark out a laugh before she looked to her best friends.

"Before you ask," Santana began, shooting a quick look Kurt’s way before throwing another look to a smirking Rachel. "She just started calling me mama so try not to make too big of a deal out of it."