Chapter 51*

Prompt: Connor (Dani and Santana's son) has a medical issue that makes them want to look into his biological father.

"He shoots…" Connor Lopez exclaimed as he raced down the length of his backyard, his soccer ball bouncing between his feet as he finally launched his foot forward watching as the ball rolled into the net. "And he scores!"

Connor spun around and pumped his fists in the air as he jumped up and down, his dark locks bouncing his sweaty forehead as he spun around to see Dani leaning in the doorway of the backyard patio door.

"That was a good shot, buddy. You’re getting really good.” Dani grinned as she approached her six-year-old son, offering him a water bottle that he readily accepted. “Are you excited for your game tonight?”

"Uh huh." Connor nodded with a soft pant as he dropped his water bottle away from his mouth, his head bobbing in happiness. "I’m gonna kick butt, Mom. Coach says he’s going to put me in first to get us started."

"That’s awesome, Con. I’m excited to see it, you’re gonna play like the little pro you are. I can’t wait to watch." Dani beamed as she ruffled his hair lightly. "Why don’t you go jump in the shower before your mama gets home?"

Connor nodded happily before he turned and ran off causing Dani to laugh in amusement as she rolled her eyes before scooping up his soccer ball, tucking it under her arm as she wondered back into the house.

"Hey, Mom." Taylor smiled as she skipped into the kitchen, her cheer bag falling to the tiles as she wondered over to the counter to grab an apple from the fruit basket. "What time are we leaving for Connor’s game?"

"I thought you were going over to Sarah’s tonight," Dani frowned as she glanced over at her daughter who took a bite of her apple before shrugging lightly. "We’re leaving after your mama gets home."

"Cool, I’m gonna go hop in the shower and change," Taylor replied as she moved towards her mother, pressing a quick kiss to her cheek before grabbing her duffel bag and hurrying out of the room.

Dani wondered around the house in search of all of Connor’s soccer gear, throwing his extra jersey into his duffel bag and grabbing his cleats before adding them to the growing pile of his soccer gear.

The blonde was mentally making sure that everything was packed when she felt a pair of warm warm wrap around her waist causing her to gasp before she felt her lips turn into a small smile as she settled back against her wife’s chest.

"Mmm, hi baby." Santana muttered as she dropped a kiss to Dani’s clothed shoulder, her nose nuzzling into the side of her neck. "Sorry I’m a little bit late, traffic was a total bitch tonight. Do I have time to change before we go?"

"Yeah, both of your kids are in the shower so we should be leaving in about fifteen or twenty minutes." Dani nodded as she turned in the younger woman’s arms, tilting her head back as Santana dropped a kiss to her lips.

"Taylor’s going?" Santana asked with a raise of her eyebrow watching as Dani nodded before the woman hummed and pressed another kiss to the blonde’s lips. "Well, that’s nice. Connor is going to love that."

"I’m gonna love what?"

"Hey, soccer star." Santana grinned as she turned to see the six-year-old skipping down the stairs, the dark-haired woman untangling herself from Dani as she moved to scoop Connor in her arms. "Your sister is going to your game."

"She is? Cool!" Connor beamed before his face developed into a grimace as he released a wheezy cough, his face screwing up slightly as he puckered his lower lip. "Mama, after I got in the shower my chest started hurting."