Chapter 1 - My Name is Chloe

My name is Chloe Avery Zamora. I am the sole heiress and one of the board members of the Zamora Group of Companies. The only daughter of Demetrius Zamora, one of the richest pharmaceutical magnates who owns several pharmaceutical firms and bio-tech companies.

A few days ago, my father has gone AWOL and no one knew about this whereabouts. He left his empire to the hands of his most trusted men for a so-called soul searching vacation.

Of course, I don't believe any of his bullshit. I know that my father loves his company so much. He is too dedicated to the welfare of his employees to just disappear impulsively without much notice.

And to my surprise, he left me series of cryptic messages that I can't even decode. No doubt that it came from the him as this old man is a frustrated Robert Langdon wannabe.

"What's the emergency, my dear? What is this life and death situation that you are talking about?" Ashton anxiously asked as he took a chair in front of me.

Ashton Carey, my talented best friend. He is a brilliant physicist, but decided to shift to an entirely different profession when he passed the confusion phase. He is now a famous celebrity fashion designer and made a big career in the world of fashion.

I asked him to meet me urgently in our favorite secluded coffee shop to discuss the last messages that dad sent me.

"Ash, dad gave me this letter before he left. This has been bothering me for days. I am sure you can help me with this," I said as I gave a folded parchment paper with printed numbers and letters.

135221N1218733E

"Dear, these are just plain coordinates," he confidently said.

"Plain coordinates? Well, Mr. Google is not helpful enough to tell me anything about these coordinates. They are hiding in plain sight."

Ashton sighed as if he is frustrated with my stupidity. He looked at the paper carefully and opened his smart phone. He typed in the numbers and after a few seconds, he showed me a picture of an island.

"This is where your dad is asking you to go. Do you know anyone from this remote place?"

"My dad's childhood best friend. We also have an ancestral house here owned by my Aunt."

"You will find your answers there. Just be careful, that place looks like an ancient civiliza..."

Ashton immediately stopped speaking. His eyes are fixed outside to the three men wearing black leather jackets and masks. They are heavily armed and are on their way inside the coffee shop. Before I can further react, Ashton pulled my hands and dragged me to the backdoor.

"Dear, you have to run quikcly if you want to live. I think those are the same guys who attacked us in the club!" Ashton said while we are running away from the coffee shop.

Good thing, I am wearing a pair of snickers today instead of pumps. We ran for about a couple blocks until we ran out of breathe. Ashton quickly stopped a nearby cab and we both get inside.

"Goodness! This cab driver literally saved our lives," Ashton said as he leaned on the backseat.

"This is not a coincidence, Ash. Do you owe money to anyone?" I asked him while catching my breath.

"Dear, I have enough money to last five lifetimes. Do you remember what these men said two nights ago? They may be pertaining to you. Chloe, they are probably after you," he said in a worried tone.

"Ash, I don't have enemies, you know that. Whhy mme?" I stammered after realizing that Ashton may be right. Those men may really be after me.

"You are a high value target, Chloe. Go home and find a way to get in touch with your dad. Your life is now in danger," Ashton said as he touched my hand.