Chapter 23 - Adelle and Bruno

Luke gave me a brown envelope containing two passports and identification cards. It also includes several 500 Euro bills and an airplane tickets named after someone else.

"Adelle Alonso Schiele and Bruno Schiele? Who are these people?" I asked Luke who seemed to be amused with my confusion.

"That is our new identities," he answered while grinning.

"Adelle like the singer? Oh come on, Luke! Don't tell me you chose Bruno because of Bruno Mars!"

"Why? What's wrong with those names? Married couple, traveling to Europe for honeymoon. No one will ask further."

"You should have at least named me Marie or Sophie. Adelle sounds older and uhmm fat..." I grumbled as I carefully kept our new identities inside the envelope.

"When will you stop complaining, princess?" Luke asked me as he lies on the lower bed.

"Hey! I thought you will take the upper deck!"

"Not anymore. I want to sleep here beside you. I just want to sleep peacefully in your arms," Luke said as he pulled me towards him and embraced me with his powerful arms. I did not complain anymore as all I want is to be near him all the time.

"Does dad know where we are going?" I whispered to him. His eyes are closed and I am not sure if he is already asleep.

"I gave him a small background of my plan B. He knows that we will be leaving the country if Janice founds out about our hideout," he said as he sank his face on my shoulders.

"Do you have any idea where he is right now? Why did he suddenly disappear after his car accident?"

"I am not sure what is running in your dad's head. Before he did the vanishing act, he asked me to pick you up as soon as I can and bring you to the island. But I don't have the guts to talk to you, so I just observed you from afar for few more days. I never thought that you will proactively approach me and seduced me," he said as he kissed my ear.

"I was drunk and broken hearted, okay? And besides, you enjoyed it so much, didn't you?" I said as I slowly touched his face.

"Hmmm, slight."

"Slightly huh?"

"Come on, princess. I know what is running in that stubborn head of yours. Let us sleep for now. I am really tired and this cabin is not actually suitable for lovemaking. Ambrosio's men might hear us," he said as he pulled me much closer to him.

"You are conceited! I am not thinking of having sex with you!" I pushed him away, but Luke hugged me tighter.

"Good night, Mrs. Schiele. Punish me tomorrow if you want, but not now," he said as he planted a kiss on my forehead.

I want to fight back, but it seems that Luke is really tired. I can hear him already steadily breathing only after a few minutes. We are in the middle of the sea and someone wants to kill me, but all I can think about are the ways on how this man drives me crazy.