Chapter 22 - Blue Pearl

(POV Luke) 

A glimmer of hope appeared on her beautiful face once I mentioned my plan B. The fuel on the motorboat can only temporarily widen the gap between us and her captors, but sooner or later, they will find us specially if this boat is equipped with GPS device.

"Aidan, it is time to execute plan B," I said to Aidan on the phone once I got a phone coverage.

We are traveling for a few minutes now on water and we need to get away from this island as far as we can.

"Everything is ready, brother. I never thought that the cunning woman will find you in that rocky island. That is a perfect place to hide." Aidan said.

"Once she had a confirmation that Chloe rode the ferry to this island, she combed even the smallest islands to find us. It is either she is very smart or someone who is very tactical is helping her."

"Are you alright brother? No, don't answer that. I know you have dealt with more unfavorable scenarios before. Just take care of yourself. I just don't want you and Chloe getting hurt"

"Thanks, brother. Take care of dad in the meantime."

"I will handle everything from here, Luke. I will call Ambrosio right away."

"Where are we going?" Chloe asked as I stopped the motorboat on a wooden port near a private beach.

"Do you want spoilers?" I asked her as I took my backpacks and laptop. She just rolled her eyes and followed me with no further questions.

A man in his late fifties with big body built approached us with three young men. Chloe suddenly hide at my back like a scared little child.

"Relax, I know these men," I said to her and shook the hand of the old man.

"It is good to see you, Luke. And this is?"

"This is Chloe Zamora, Demmy's only daughter. Chloe, this is Ambrosio. He is a ship captain and one of the good friends of your father."

"It has been ages since I last saw you, Chloe. By the way, Luke, Aidan called me in a hurry. My men are all prepared. Do you need anything else before we travel?" Ambrosio said.

"Yes, one last thing regarding this motorboat. Can you find someone who will wipe that GPS recordings on this boat?"

"Consider it done. Let us go boys!"

Ambrosio commanded his three men to help us with our bags. Chloe seemed to be confused on what is happening, but she did not ask anything as we followed Ambrosio.

"Her name is the Blue Pearl. It is a fishing vessel owned by Ambrosio. This will take us to the city early morning," I said to Chloe as we enter a large blue vessel.

"Chloe, your dad helped me bought this ship. He knows that I am into fishing business. Your old man, he is a good man. Though he achieved so much, he never turned his back on us," Ambrosio said as he opened the door for us.

"Dad is in danger right now, so am I. Sir, thank you for helping us," Chloe said in a low voice. I bet she is still worried and Janice will find us.

"I am happy to help his only daughter. By the way, please bear with this small room. This is not a luxury liner, but I hope you will be both comfortable. Luke, as requested, both of your luggage are there. You will find me in my office if you need anything," Ambrosio said before he left us.

Chloe roamed her eyes, examining every corner of the room. It is a clean windowless room and painted in white with two double deck beds, which reminds me a sailor ship cabin.

"Do you want to be on top or bottom?" I asked Chloe.

"What do you mean by that?" she asked me while blushing. Clearly, she is thinking about something else with my question.

"Do you want to take the lower bed or the top one?"

"Oh right. I will take the bottom one," she sighed as she sat on the lower bed.

I took out a small brown envelope sealed inside a zip lock plastic container from the bag and gave it to Chloe.

"What's this?" she asked as she slowly removed the contents of the envelope from the plastic.

"Our ticket out of this mess."