Chapter 24 - On the way to Zurich

"Wake up, Chloe. We are already here in the city port."

"Good morning to you too. What time is it?" I yawned as I still feel sleepy.

"It is two in the morning. We need to catch the early morning flight to Zurich. I will wait for you on the ship deck once you are done cleaning up," Luke said as he opened the door while carrying our luggage.

The realization that I am running for my life began to hit me again. I immediately followed Luke as soon as I was done brushing my teeth. I am beginning to love my dull black hair as this made me less noticeable in the public.

Ambrosio helped us find a cab to the airport. Without him, we will surely have a hard time going out of the island as all ports are being carefully monitored by Janice's men.

"Why Zurich?" I asked Luke once we are settled in the cab. I opened a brown paper bag with pancake burger. Luke asked the cab driver to order a quick breakfast meal in a nearby fast food.

"I am sorry. What?"

"Why are we going to Zurich above all places?" I asked again the absent-minded man beside me who seemed to be in deep thought.

"We are not staying in Zurich. We are going to Feldkirch," he answered back as he began devouring our breakfast at the back of the car.

"Where is that? In Germany?"

"Close. It is in Austria, near the border of Switzerland and Liechtenstein. I lived there for a few months. We are safe there. If they found us there, we can easily go anywhere and they can't even trace us," Luke said.

"What special about this Feldkirch? Did you previously work there?"

"My fiancee used to live there."

"Oh right. Why did you break up again? Work related issues?" I asked as I sipped my coffee. I carefully observe Luke's reaction because of my personal question.

"Yep, something like that."

"You still love her, right? Come on, Luke. You are no longer working as a government asset, there may be a chance for both of you. It is safe to marry her now."

Every word in my own suggestion is hurting me.

What if they saw each other again? What if Luke wants to stay there and marry her ex-fiancee again?

The thought scares me more than the threats in my life.

"Are you sure you are not a reporter? You sure ask too many questions."

"Luke, I owe my life to you. In return, I can help you find your long lost love. Why are we going to Eldrich if not for her?" I smiled at him bitterly.

"Feldkirch, princess. Stop asking annoying questions. I am not paid to share my personal life to you."

We took the earliest flight to Zurich with a connecting flight to Hong Kong. It was a torturous eighteen hour flight. As soon as we boarded the plane, Luke's mood shifted. He is back to his unsympathetic exterior. I did not bother to ask him further as I can feel that he was affected with what happened in Feldkirch years ago. I want to comfort him and yet, I am afraid that he will hurt me.

We only have casuals conversations about food, but the treacherous silence is domineering us most of the time. It was nighttime when our plane landed in Kloten Airport. It was tiring and yet I was able to manage to get some sleep during our flight. Luke decided for us to stay in Zurich for the night in a nearby hotel.