Chapter 6 - Childhood Crush

I was in the back seat of his car when my knight in shining armor asked me to hide. I followed him with no questions when I saw that we are slowly approaching the two police officers. The car quickly stopped and the annoying man rolled his windows down after I heard a knock.

"Excuse me, Sir. Are you travelling alone?"

"Yes and I am a local here. How can I assist you officer?"

"Did you happen to see a woman who looks like this in the ferry?"

"Nah. I will definitely notice her if I did. That woman stands out in a crowd."

I only felt relieved when the SUV started to move faster. We are already driving in a curved highway far away from the port.

"Are they really looking for me?" I asked the man in the driver seat. I don't care where this man takes me as long as I am far away from those officers.

"Yep..."

"Do you know what do they want?"

"You..." he answered shortly while focusing his eyes on the road.

"Do you know them?"

"Nope..." he quickly answered again as if he does not want to talk to me.

"Argggh. What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing..."

"You are so annoying! I bet your own self is also annoyed with you," I said as I sat properly at the back seat. There is no sense talking to this man.

Why does he have to answer me in one word?

OMG Chloe, why are you so affected? This man is probably a trained assassin hired by your dad.

"Hey princess, where's your phone?" he asked after a minute of silence without looking at me.

"I throw it in a bus travelling north. Janice has her ways of tracking me and my phone is a dead give away," I said as I pouted my lips.

"When did you last used your cards?"

"I did not use any of my cards. I still have some cash in my pocket."

"Good, you are not that stupid after all."

"What made you think I am stupid, farm boy?"

"Young and rich people like you are always stupid. Living the dream as if there is no tomorrow. You act as if you own the world, as if you can buy anyone with your money," he bitterly said without throwing any glances at me.

"Exclude me in that list," I sighed in disappointment.

This man probably hates rich girls; hence, his animosity towards me. Another deadly silence between us as we cruise the highway. I bet I can rather be friends with silence instead of this man.

"What's your name anyway? Unless you want me to call you farm boy from now on," I finally broke the silence after the long drive.

"Markus."

"Do you have a last name or is that a screen name?"

"Markus Torres," he said in a firm voice.

"Torres huh? My father's best friend lives here. I just don't know where to find him. Do you know anyone with the name of Franco Torres?"

If this man is trusted by my dad, I might as well begin to trust him. Though he is an obnoxious man, I can't deny that he is hot.

"Franco Torres is my dad," he said with no emotions.

"Wait, wait. Are you Aidan Torres? Luke's brother?" I asked excitedly as I know Franco Torres. He is my dad's best friend and he is a good man. And I know, Luke.

"I am Luke," he said with no interest in his voice.

"What do you mean you are Luke? No, you are not Luke!"

"I am Luke Markus Torres, princess. Deal with it. Aidan is my older brother."

Luke Torres was my childhood crush. I was young when we first came to this island and I met a wonderful boy named Luke. He was a caring boy and he treated me like a princess during our vacation. Luke always calls me princess. As we grew up, we lost communication and dad did not attempt to return to the island.

That is probably the reason I am so attracted to him when I first saw him. And yet, this man in front of me is far from the Luke Torres that I know.

"Wow, Luke. You are all grown up now. Why did you turn into a devious monster?" I asked him as I tried to transfer from the back seat to the passenger seat beside him.

"My monstrosity depends on your bitchiness. Put your seatbelt on," Luke commanded me.

"Why are you fucking mad at me? I did not do anything to make you hate me! You know what, enough. Where's my dad?"

"I don't know where he is," he is said in a cold tone.

"What do you mean? He sent me here, he is supposed to be here!"

"Sorry to disappoint you, but he is nowhere on this island. He just asked me to bring you here until he sort things out."

"You didn't exactly bring me here. I traveled here alone until I met you in that ferry!"

"I was following you while you are taking your sweet time to decode those coordinates, idiot. Are you really that stupid?" he asked as if he is disappointed with my ignorance.

"Fuck you! Do you even know that my stepmother wants to kill me?"

"Will I show up in that fucking ferry if there are no threats in your life? And by the way, fuck you too!" he said in an equally irate voice.

"OMG, Luke! I fucking hate you right now."

"Well, I fucking hate you too Chloe Zamora, since two days ago."