Chapter 29 - Margarette

That afternoon, we went to an exquisite hotel and restaurant in the middle of Feldkirch for our lunch before we travel back to Zurich.

"I did not know that there is a romantic bone inside you, Mr. Bruno Shiele," I said as I listened to the romantic live strings quartet playing in our background.

"Anything for you, my princess," Luke took my hand and kissed it.

"I hope we can go back here some other time, but I guess your duty to my father is almost done..."

"Markus?"

Before I was able to add another word, a beautiful woman with curly blond hair approached us. She is wearing an elegant body-hugging teal colored dress that makes looks like a live Barbie doll.

"Markus, is that you?" the woman suddenly cupped Luke's face as if she was waiting for this moment to happen.

"Margarette..." Luke said with no emotions.

"You are back, Markus! It has been years since I last saw you. I missed you so much!" Margarette quickly kissed Luke's lips without any care who is with him. Without any regard if there are a lot of patrons who are looking at them. It was indeed a passionate kiss, a fiery one that made me look away.

Luke gently pushed her away. "Margarette, I am with someone..."

Margarette looked at me as if she despised my presence, but quickly recovered and flashed her fake smile.

"Are you a friend of Markus?"

"Yes," I shortly answered.

As soon as she heard my response, she quickly turned her gaze away from me as she faced Luke.

"Baby, you don't know how happy I am to see you here in Feldkirch. I am sorry, baby. I followed my father's orders before and I know I was wrong to do so. Because of him, my previous marriage turned out to be a disaster."

"I forgave you, Margarette. That was all in the past."

"I am divorced now and there is no reason for my father to stop us. Come on, my father is here for a business meeting and I want you to finally meet him. This time, I will fight for you," Margarette said and pulled Luke's hand towards a secluded table.

Few men who are wearing suits already noticed the commotion. Luke was also caught by surprise and he followed Margarette politely.

I owe my life to this man and he is the reason that I am still alive. He deserves to find his true love once again. I left as soon as I could as I felt out of place in their perfect royal love story.