Chapter 9 - Franco

We stopped in an old looking ancestral house in the middle of a rice fields at the foot the hill. There is no doubt that this is the Torres family house. I have been here many times before when I was a kid.

"This house looks exactly the same. You have done a good job preserving this ancestral house," I said as I roamed my eyes inside the house. It was a huge stony house. Scary-lookin at first, but the interior is comfy. I remembered playing hide-and-seek here with Luke when I was a kid.

Two women and an older man warmly greeted us. They are probably house helpers based from their uniforms.

"You should see dad. Just so you know, he does not have any clue that someone is after your life," Luke hold my arm and gently dragged me to the second floor.

"What should we tell him?"

"I will handle it," Luke said as he knocked on the last door in the corridor. He opened the door and his dad smiled at us when he saw us.

Franco's room looks antique and yet immaculately clean. He is sitting comfortably on a wheelchair, watching a basketball game.

"Who is this lovely lady?" Franco asked as Luke kissed his father's forehead.

"Dad, I want you to meet Chloe, my girlfriend," Luke casually said which made eyes widened and my jaw dropped.

"Chloe? The daughter of Demmy?"

"It is good to see you, Sir Franco. My dad sends his regards," I gave my hand to Franco for a handshake as soon as I was able to acquire my composure back.

Girlfriend? Why does the thought even made me blush?

"Son, when you told me that you are going back to the mainland for important business, I did not know that you are referring to Chloe. Don't get me wrong son, I am very much delighted. How did both of you end up being together? Demmy never mentioned that you are both dating."

"Long story dad, but I guess first love never dies," Luke said as he pulled my waist closer to him. I can't help but to gasped when Luke is this close.

Every part of me became suddenly aware of Luke's closeness. My heart seemed to be busy beating furiously with his touch. I can even smell the sweet and masculine scent of Luke that is driving me mad.

"Alright, alright. I will ask no more, you are both grown-ups. Chloe, you can stay here for as long as you want. Consider this as your own abode. Tell your father to call me. The last time that he phoned me is about two weeks ago," Franco worriedly said and yet I can see from the old man's face that he is really happy for me and Luke.

"Dad, I am sure Sir Demetrius will contact us as soon as he can. He will definitely make time once he knew that Chloe is here."