Chapter 30 - Park

(POV Luke)

Margarette pulled me in a hurry towards his dad's private table. Three aristocratic men are looking at us condescendingly. When I looked back at our table, Chloe is already gone.

"Father, I want you to meet Markus," Margarette said as she clings in to me as if I will escape any possible time.

"I am pleased to meet you, Sir," I gave my hand for a handshake, but the old man pay no attention to me.

"Is this your new plaything Margarette?" his father said with disdain.

"Dad! Markus is my..."

"Sir, I am just an old friend of Margarette. I am here for a vacation with my wife. It is an honor to meet you. If you don't mind Margarette, I have to go back to my wife now..."

"Wwife? I thought she was only a friend." Margarette asked and her voice is full of surprise.

"Goodbye, Margarette," I quickly said and left her.

I can't help, but to smile when I saw the astonishment on Margarette face. His father's face does not show any care at all as if all the men in the world are not enough for her daughter. I tried to find Chloe to the women's restroom, but she is not there.

"Sir, are you looking for your wife?" a waiter approached me.

"Yes! Have you seen her? She's just here a minute ago."

"She left a message for you. She said that she will wait for you in the park downtown."

"Park?" I parroted like a stupid person. What on earth Chloe is thinking?

"Yes, she insisted for you to wait for her."

"That's crazy. Anyway, thank you."

I found myself running towards the nearby park, but for almost thirty minutes of running and circling the park, there are no traces of Chloe Zamora. I called her on our prepaid phone that we recently purchased, but I cannot even reach her. I have a bad feeling that Chloe deliberately misguided me.

When I reached the apartment, her luggage is already gone and all she left is letter bidding her goodbye.

Luke,

I want to thank you for putting your life at risk to save mine. With that, I am forever grateful...

I will make sure that my dad will fully pay you for your services...

I am sorry, I have to leave you now...

I hope you will be able to find your happiness with your real princess...

Love,

Chloe

My hands are trembling when I put down the letter. I sat on the sofa and tried to think where Chloe is probably heading. Zurich airport is all I can think of unless she decided to leave the country using other means of transportation.