Chapter 4 - The Bus

For the last few hours, my life changed upside down. First, my ever-loving stepmother is trying to kill me. Second, my step sister slept with my boyfriend. And now, I have nowhere to go and I am pathetically running for my life.

The only thing that I can think of is to find dad as he is my only lifeline. I found myself riding a provincial bus on my way to a faraway rural island.

If Janice wants to find me, I know that she can using her vast connections. If I want to live another day, I might as well eliminate all of the indications I am the Chloe Zamora, the heiress. From a princess, I now look like a ragged and ordinary girl wearing cheap clothes.

"Is this seat taken?" a man suddenly asked me when I was already on the bus.

He is wearing a fitted shirt and faded jeans which makes him look like well-built action star. A black baseball cap and Ray-Ban Aviator sunglasses is almost covering his face.

"Hello? Are you deaf or something?" the man snapped at me like an annoyed brute.

I blushed when I realized that I was stupidly staring at this magnificent creature in front of me. He somehow looks familiar.

"Nnoo, it is not taken," I stammered and turned my gazes away from him.

I am Chloe Zamora. I eat confidence during breakfast, lunch and dinner. I am always bursting with confidence, but it seems that this man can make me lose all of composure in seconds.

The man took the seat beside me and I never attempted to look at him. And yet, only after a few minutes, my curiosity prevails. I found myself examining the features of the gorgeous man beside me the moment he fell asleep. From his perfect face to his undeniably sexy lips, I was staring at him with awe.

Did I meet him before? Geez, he really looks gorgeous up close.

I encountered a massive number of good looking men in my life and I don't give a shit about them. They are all the same, flaunting their bodies and dicks as if they are up for sale. However, this man seems to entice every little piece of me like a moth drawn to a flame.

The same feeling that I felt when I met my mystery man two nights ago. Is he the same man?

I doubt it. The mystery man who took my innocence looks like a rich businessman. And yet, this man looks like a ruggedly handsome probinsyano.

Do all probinsyanos look this striking?

Probinsyanos is a term referred to someone from the province or from any rural places outside the metro.

Stop Chloe! You look like a sex crazed girl who saw a captivating man for the first time in her life! This is not so you!

"Did I pass your taste?" the man suddenly said though his eyes are closed.

"Wwhat?"

"I said, are you finished exploring my features?"

This time he looked at me and smiled. I almost gasped when I saw his perfect white hiding inside his luscious lips.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I asked defensively.

All I can do is to look away from him to save my face from embarrassment. How did he know that I am gawking at him?

"Next time, try to be discreet," he said in an annoyed voice and covered his face with his baseball cap.

This is unquestionably the most embarrassing, and yet the most infuriating moment in my life. And the worst part is, I can't even throw any rebuttals back to him when I am usually good at this.

Whoever this man is, he became the most obnoxious person on my list.