Chapter 15 - Rocky Island

We reached the top of the rocky island in no time and I can have a clear panoramic view of blue sea that surrounds us. The place is tranquil and it somehow comfort the sadness and emptiness within me.

"Your dad asked us to lay low for just a few days until he figured out what to do next. This is the best place where I can bring you and no one can find us here. I was hoping not to use this last resort, but it seems Janice's capabilities surpassed my expectations," Luke said as he pulled the remains of the harness.

There is a small tent that is already setup, which is hidden in the bushes and trees. Luke might have planned this before we met in the ferry.

"We can just stay in your cabin or in your ancestral house. Janice doesn't know you and your dad."

"You are underestimating your stepmother, princess. Demetrius married her and she has access to massive amount of money. She won't stop until you are dead. It is only a matter of time and she will soon discover that you are in my father's care or your Aunt Lisa's care. I am sure you don't want to put them in danger too."

"Can we just go to Europe instead? I doubt they can find us there."

"Your dad booked a flight for you to Paris, France. Janice probably found out that it was a decoy flight and she was able to trace that you rode that ferry on the way to this island. I know every corner of this province very well and we are safe here."

"Will dad contact you? He did not even bother to say what's going on. All he left me are pieces of puzzles," I sighed as I sat on the rocks.

"Few days from now, he will contact me. He will tell us what to do next. I am certain your dad is doing this for your protection," Luke answered as he gave three me Anne Rice books.

"Thanks, this will do, for now," I answered as I accepted the books.

I tried to occupy myself by reading a book. And yet, I can't help but to watch every move Luke made. He is trying to risk himself for me. Dad must have paid him a lot.

He went inside the tent and I was left alone on these rocky boulders. I followed him and found him sleeping inside the tent with his sunglasses.

"What do you do for a living?" I asked him as I sat beside Luke inside the tent.

"I am farmer. And you are bothering me. I am trying to get some sleep here," he said with an irritated voice.

The tent is covered with soft thin mattress, which makes sleeping comfortable. We are like camping on top of a rocky island hidden from almost anyone.

"You don't look like a farmer to me. I think you are a killer for hire," I said in a teasing manner.

"I don't care what you think," Luke said without opening your eyes, but surely, he is not in the mood for casual conversation.

"As there are only two pillows, are we going to sleep inside the tent together?"

"If you are not amenable with that, you can sleep outside the tent. Don't you worry princess, I won't touch you again. You are not my type."

I am not his type? Are you kidding me? 

We made love more than once two nights ago as if you can't get enough of me. And now you are telling me that I am not your type?

"Well, farm boy. The feeling is mutual. You are not my type too. I don't like rude and unattractive probinsyanos. I prefer civilized men," I said as I stood up and went outside the tent.

This man is driving me crazy. I never met any man who will not be attracted to me, except for Luke Torres.