Chapter 14 - The Climb

"Chloe, wake up," Luke said as he touched my shoulders.

All I can see is darkness outside the window. I am not sure if it is still night or early dawn.

"What time is it?" I asked him as I yawned. It took me awhile to get a good sleep last night after the morbid nightmare.

"It is time to get your ass up, princess. Just so you know, you no longer have chambermaids and butlers here."

Luke is back to his real self, the monster inside him is probably taking over his personality.

"Thank you for reminding me, but I am quite aware of that, Mr. Insensitive!" I answered back and throw the pillow on his face. And yet, he is quite agile and he was able to catch it in no time.

"You are most welcome, Ms. Spoiled brat kid. Once you are done with your tantrums, feel free to follow me."

Luke really knows how to ruin my mood even if the sun is not yet shining. I followed him quickly at the back of the cabin.

"Where are we going? And can you answer my damn question this time?" I asked him while we are walking away from the cabin and walking towards and forest.

"In some places where hopefully, no one can find you," he answered without looking at me.

"And where do you think is that?"

"It will only be a matter of time before Janice realize where you possibly are. The only way she can't find you is to a place that no one knows existed."

For minutes, we walked in the endless green forest. Sand and mud covered my shoes. I remained quiet throughout the journey. He did not hear me complain even if my stomach is already revolting.

"I have no pancakes for breakfast, but this will do," Luke said as he gave me a wheat bread and a milk in a carton.

"Thank you. It is good to know that your evil heart is still beating,"I said in a low voice.

His laughter filled the luscious forest. Luke is probably going crazy for all I know.

We have been walking for almost an hour now when we finally reached small sand beach hidden by the tall bushes.

"Would you mind telling me where exactly we are heading?" I asked as I devoured the last piece bread. I am so hungry that the plain wheat bread taste like heaven in my mouth.

"Can you see that? That is where we are going."

It took me awhile to realize that Luke is pointing to a far small island. I followed him as we ride the wooden motor boat that is already parked on the beach.

No words spoken between us as we travel on water. The early morning waves are calm and soothing as if a dangerous storm is preparing to come.

We stopped in a small uninhabited island that seems to be abandoned by time. It is mostly covered by towering rocks and trees. Luke dragged the wooden boat behind the enormous boulders and hid it using big dried leaves.

"Have you ever tried wall climbing before?" Luke asked with an evil smile.

"Seriously? Do you want me to climb these rocky walls? Luke, I can easily die here before Janice can find me. There is no way I will climb those rocks!" I answered him as I turned my back on him.

I can see the main island from here, but judging from the numerous small islands surrounding the main land, Janice will have a hard time locating me in this concealed place.

Luke opened his bag and wore some gray gloves. He started climbing these rocky walls like a professional extreme wall climber. The wall is just three storey high. And yet, I was left gazing at him with my mouth wide open on that stony shore. The way he climb spells sexiness and masculinity. His muscles are shouting too much sensuality and I felt that need to touch it.

When Luke reached the top portion of the wall, he quickly threw a harness that seemed to be installed before we came to this island. He went down on the limestone walls with no effort at all using the same harness. He reached for his bag and began to arranged the climbing equipment.

"Are you ready?" he asked as he held the harness. He can't hide the amusement and excitement in his face like a little boy.

"Do I have a choice?"

"No, princess. You don't have a choice," he said as he slowly slipped the harness creating loops through my thighs which made me stiffened.

This is my first time doing this rock climbing adventure, but my body is more aware of Luke's closeness. I can't help but to remember how we made love two nights ago. He gently wrapped the belt around my waist without removing his eyes on mine as if we are making love using only our eyes. He gently held my waist and tighten the buckles.

"Can you tell my dad that I love him if I die from this rock climbing shit?" I asked him to lighten up the mood.

Every time his hands touched my skin, I felt like a hidden fire within me is raging. I can't breathe normally if he is this close.

"Just use your legs, Chloe. I will make sure to catch you if you fall," he said with assurance.

What if I fell in love with you? Will you catch me too?

I just smiled at him, but I am trembling deep inside. I followed him as we climb the rock walls. The harness saved me from falling and Luke is there to tell me where to exactly put my hands and feet.