Chapter 28 - Good News Bad News

I woke up with the smell of bacon and pancake filling my nostrils. My feet found its way to Luke, who is preparing our breakfast in our kitchen. I gasped when I saw him wearing only the apron cloth which covering his sexy naked body.

"I hope you had a good night sleep because I have some good news and a bad news for you. Which one would you like to hear first?" Luke said as he put the plates on the table.

"Can I have you for my breakfast please?" I yawned as I asked.

We had a mind blowing love making last night and I can't seem to comprehend, why does this man still have the energy to cook breakfast.

"I know I am delicious, princess, but you need something to eat after last night. Pancake, bacon and eggs as requested and your favorite hot choco."

"I still prefer you over these awesome foods," I took my cup and sipped my hot chocolate.

"Let us proceed to good news then. Your dad finally contacted me last night and he wants us to go back as soon as possible. The men who were after you were arrested. They are willing to testify against your step mother. Your dad was able to unearthed her accomplices who helped her stole the money from the company. A warrant was issued yesterday for her arrest."

"That's good to hear," I said softly.

Does it mean that our time together is done? Is Luke going to leave me now?

"And why do you sound disappointed?" Luke said as he sat on the chair in front of me.

"I am not disappointed. I just feel tired, that's all. What is the bad news, Luke?"

"Janice resisted her arrest and committed a suicide instead," he said while carefully weighing my reaction.

I gasped on what I have heard. Tears began to slowly fall in my eyes. I was filled with both happiness and sadness at the same time. Janice may be trying to kill me, but she was a good stepmother. Everything she showered me may be based on lies, but I learned to love her and accepted her.

"I am sorry, Chloe," Luke finally said after a long silence.

"Where is my dad?"

"He flew from London yesterday and he decided that he will personally handle the funeral. He doesn't want the image of Janice to be tarnished. After all that happened, he still loves her. I booked our flight out of Zurich tonight, are you okay with that?"

"Yes, thank you, Luke," I nodded as I absentmindedly ate my pancake.

"Hey, I made a reservation to this fancy restaurant for our lunch before we leave the country. What do you think?"

"That sounds great," I said with no emotions.

I was relieved that this ruckus is finally over, but my heart is deeply hurt with the death of my step mother. And Luke, his job is almost done.