Chapter 26 - Embezzlement

I frowned at him with what he said.

Is Luke hiding something from me? Is dad hiding a deep dark secret?

"Is my father in trouble? Did he owe money to some people?" I worriedly asked him.

"No, that is not what I mean. Your dad is great, but you don't even probably know how great he is. We owe him our lives," Luke said with a smile. He lies on the bed and motioned me to do the same.

"Would you like to explain it further or is it considered a personal matter?" I asked as I face him.

"As you may know, my dad and your dad are practically brothers. When my mother became sick, we have to sell some of our lands for her hospital bills. It was your father who helped us to acquire those lands back. He sent my mother overseas for intensive medical treatment and handled all of the expenses. Your father also helped me and Aidan finished our studies."

"But you did not attend his wedding with Janice a few years ago in Maldives?"

"Dad is too weak to travel during that time. Let us talk about your sociopath step mom, do you even like her? Why did you not realize that she has devious plans to take over your company?"

"Luke, believe me. I love Janice like my own mom. She loves dad so much and she takes care of me like her own daughter. I have no idea that she wants to kill me until I heard her on the phone talking to my assassins a few days ago," I said with almost a broken voice.

It was hard to digest that a loving person like Janice whom I considered a real family is a monster in disguise. I was a fool to believe her lies. I was too stupid to trust her.

"Hey, it is not your fault. Even the mighty Demetrius was not even able to perceive her ruse," he said as he pinched my cheeks.

"Don't be so sweet, Luke. I might fall in love with you and you are not going to like it," I teased him. If only this man knew that he already captured my heart.

"An overly attached girlfriend huh? I can deal with that," Luke said and quickly cupped my face. Before I can react further, he owned my lips which made froze. His kisses made me only realize how much I really love him.

And yet, I know that he is only attracted to me physically. I can see in him that he still can't move on from his previous love. I gently pushed him away and smiled at him tenderly.

"How did my father find out that Janice is after him?" I deliberately changed the topic. Friends with benefits is not exactly my thing specially if I am falling in love with this man.

"It started when your father discovered a considerable amount of money missing from your company, and yet there are no money trails. He hired me to do the investigation and he was aghast when he found out that it was carefully transferred to an offshore shell companies and then transferred back to his wife's bank accounts. Without the assistance of my previous colleagues, I will never uncover the truth as the money was meticulously concealed."

"Luke, the mechanical failure on my dad's car that almost cost him his life a few weeks ago. Is that accident or did Janice planned it?"

"Your father is a good person. Even if he found out that Janice stole money from her, he still can't believe that the bitch is willing to kill him. Just like you, your father loved Janice so much."

"I am still worried about him. I hope he is safe wherever he is."

"I trust your dad. He knows what he is doing. You just have to trust me that I will take care of you."

"Luke, I trust you," I said before I kissed his lips.

"Do you know that I am so addicted to you that I can kiss you forever?" he said in a ragged voice.

"And I will even go to the edge of the earth just to get that kiss," I said as I gently pushed him away and I positioned myself on top of him.

"Easy, princess. You are transforming to a wild cat," he said as he combed my hair with his fingers.

"Do you want this wild cat or not?" I asked as I gently kissed his neck down to his chest.

"You know how much I want you, princess," Luke said as he gently removed all of my clothes.

His eyes are filled with burning passion. I know that he wants me and he can't deny it. And yet, it hurts to know that our relationship is just a mere satisfaction of physical needs. He does not have any idea that I am already crazily in love with him.