Chapter 31 - Stephen

(POV Luke)

My mind is in a blur and it seems like my world stopped when Chloe left. I was an investigator for years and I am good at my job. Never in my entire career did I lose my concentration. And I can't think straight now that she's gone.

What the hell is she thinking leaving me in a drop of a hat? Did she think that I am going back to Margarette? That girl is so naive.

As soon as I was able to compose myself, I called my best friend Stephen. He is a government asset working in DC office. He can help me track Chloe.

"Stephen, I need a favor from you."

"Anything, Markus."

"Can you help me track Chloe Avery Zamora or Adelle Schiele? She is last seen in Feldkirch, Austria. She is possibly on a train or bus out of the country. Let me know if you will see her on your radar."

"Work related or girl problem?" Stephen teased me on the other line.

"Both. It is complicated."

"No detailed records of Adelle Schiele, possibly an alias based from her history on my screen.," Stephen said while typing something on his screen.

"Very smooth, did you create this new identity? And Chloe Zamora, damn, she's hot. Wait, they look the same? My facial recognition software showing that they are the same person. How are you related to her? Damn, can I meet her in person?" Stephen said excitedly.

"Long story, but she's special and she's mine," I said the last word with emphasis.

"Special huh? And the loverboy in you is back again. And you are calling from Feldkirch? Don't tell me you are back with that royal blood bitch?"

"Margarette is my past. Chloe is now my present and my future."

"Wow, she must be something. You sound really serious. Does she have a sister perhaps?"

"Steve, please. I need your help on this. I am on my way to Zurich airport. Let me know if you found her."

"Alright. Alright. Getting secretive when it comes to women. That is very much like you, Markus. I will call you once I found her."