Chapter 2 - The Mysterious Man

Two nights ago, Ashton forced me to attend a fashion show after-party in an exclusive club that he owned. I was shattered when I found out that my boyfriend Xander cheated on me and this is Ashton's way to make me forget this asshole.

Alexander or Xander Jimenez is into real estate and property development. He made a name for himself as one of the most promising real estate bachelor in the country. We are already planning for a wedding, but then, I caught him red-handed. I saw him sleeping with my own step sister in broad daylight when I dropped by to visit him in his house.

I flooded my body with alcohol during that night to erase him in my memories. I never thought that the man of my dreams can break my heart in splinters. And that is when I met the mysterious man in the bar. No exchange of words between us and yet our bodies do all the talking.

I can't see his face clearly as the alcohol made everything vague. And yet, I surrendered my body and my soul to him with no hesitations.

When I opened my eyes and I found myself alone in the backseat of his car. I immediately put my clothes back on and searched for him.

"Dear, are you okay?" Ashton asked me when I returned to the dance floor.

"Have you seen the man that I am with a while ago?" I asked him as I roamed my eyes to find him.

"Disheveled hair and smeared lipstick equals intense love making. You are a naughty little girl, Chloe. And where on earth did you..."

"In his car..." I sighed in surrender. It is useless to deny it when Ashton can see right through me.

"You are such a slut! How was it?" Ashton excitedly asked. He knew that I never had a man before.

"It was... really great..." I answered while blushing with embarrassment.

"Come on, dear. Let us drink to this. The night is not yet over," Ashton pulled me to the second floor balcony.

The balcony has a wide view of the ground floor of the club and yet, we cannot locate the mysterious man that I just spent a steamy love making minutes ago.

"Do you know him?" I finally asked Ashton. I don't want to appear desperate, but I can't seem to remove these passionate scenes in my head.

"No, dear. I thought you knew him as you approached him with too much enthusiasm."

"Ash, it was probably the alcohol that fueled my daring moves."

"Nevertheless, it was hot. I am sure that he obliterated any traces of Xander Jimenez in your mind."

I was about to answer back when three heavily armed men entered the club and suddenly fired shots.

Ashton quickly pulled me inside a secret partition on the second floor balcony. We were able to hide from the secret room that connects to his office. And he motioned me to keep quiet.

"I searched everywhere! She's not here, Alberto!"

"We need to find her! She's worth billions!"

"Damn, where is that heiress bitch!"

Those were the last words we heard before the armed men left. It is as if the men are searching for someone, some sort of a target. The security personnel of the club were hurt, but no one died from that incident.

Apparently, one of the guests in the club is trained with martial arts and was able to incapacitate these men. Unfortunately, they escaped before the police came.

Ashton may be right. Those armed men may really be after me.