Chapter 38 - The Proposal

Luke took my hand and he guided me towards the beach area. I noticed that there are bunch of roses with faintest touch of pink surrounding one of the benches where he motioned me to sit.

"Luke? What is this?" I asked as I sat on the bench covered with flowers.

"To the most beautiful woman in my life," Luke said as he gave me a long stemmed light pink rose.

"Thanks. When did you..."

I was not able to finish my sentence when four men wearing suits with strings instruments appeared. They started to play their piece just a few feet away from us.

"There are a lot of things I want to tell you, Chloe and I don't even know where to start. I was a dick, a coward, a moron when you met me. I treated you so badly because I was scared of the unnamed emotion that I felt. I loved you ages ago when we were around seven and I can't even comprehend why I felt the same way after so many years. I was mad at you when the truth is, I am really mad at myself for not having the balls of admitting I still love you. I was rude at you, but all I want is to comfort you and to take care of you. I was confused and I did not know that love can be so much more complicated. Chloe, I am sorry for all the pain that I have caused. I hope you can forgive me for everything that I said and did," Luke said as tears began to fall in his eyes.

"Hey, Luke.. I forgave you. And I am so sorry too for leaving without notice," I smiled at him and wiped the tears on his face

"It was my fault for not clearing things up about Margarette."

"That's fine. I saw the pain in your eyes when you talked about her. I know how much you love her."

"I loved her Chloe. But when I met you again, all the love that I felt for her pale in comparison with the love that I felt for you. Now, I don't even know if I really loved her at all."

"Luke, does it mean that you love me?"

"I have been confessing my love for you for the last minute. Are you sure you are going to ask me that? And to answer your question, yes princess. I love you so much that it hurts. So much that I want to spend the rest of my days with you. So much that I want to love you even after forever. So much that I want you to be my wife. Chloe Avery Zamora, will you marry me?" Luke said as he kneel in front of me.

I was speechless in what he said. I felt that all of my tears are falling again, not because of pain, but because of happiness.

"Yes, Luke Markus Torres. I will marry you," I said as I cupped his face.

Luke stood up and quickly owned my lips. He took a velvet box in his pocket and slowly insert a diamond ring on my finger.

"How about now Chloe? Will you marry me now?" he said with pleading eyes.

"Are you kidding me? I will marry you anywhere and any time Luke."