Chapter 8 - Makeover

I can't believe that Luke will treat me with so much hostility. He was a kind kid when we were young. And yet, knowing that Markus and Luke are the same person makes me feel relieved.

Dad is right when he trusted Luke. Janice does not have any idea about Franco Torres. All she knows is that dad grew up on this island and my aunt lives here. It will take her quite a while to generate a connection between dad and Luke.

After a long drive on the highway, Luke turned left and used a rough road. We ended up in front a small village with colorful bungalow houses. Luke stopped the SUV and motioned me to follow him.

"Where are we going? And can you please slow down?" I asked Luke. He is walking too fast ahead of me.

"I don't think we have all the time in the world," he stopped and knock on the door of a nearby house painted in pink.

A young man wearing fitted white shirt tucked in a faded blue pants appeared. He has a blonde hair which looks awkward because of this tanned skin complexion. Nevertheless, the man looks attractive.

"Ivo San Gabriel, this is Chloe Zamora. Fix her hair. I want her to appear like a typical probinsyana. Plain and unattractive. Ugly if possible." Luke commanded the blond man.

"Whooah hold your horses, baby. Who's this beautiful girl?" Ivo asked as he excitedly took my hand. He motioned me to sit on a high chair in front of a huge mirror. It appears that his pink house is a small beauty parlor.

"Ivo, just do your magic. No further questions please?" Luke answered as he sat on a nearby chair. He looked at me and I just rolled my eyes to show how annoyed I am.

"Alright, baby. You are always hot tempered. I wonder why girls are still throwing themselves at you even if you treat them with your cold-blooded attitude. Chloe, just a heads up, this man here is predator, vulgar and most of all, crude. And yet, don't be fooled with his facade, he is a good man and kind hearted."

"Ivo?" Luke stopped him with warning.

"Okay, fine! Relax and let me do my thing here."

Ivo cut my long light brown hair to a shoulder length. I felt inadequate the moment my hair fell on the floor. He even dyed my hair black and I hate it. Within minutes, I transformed into someone I don't know.

"Take a picture of her and print a copy for me please," Luke commanded Ivo again after my worst makeover.

Within a few minutes, Ivo returned with my printed photos.

"This will do, thanks Ivo," Luke said.

"You're welcome baby. And Chloe, please take care of my baby Luke," Ivo said in a seductive voice similar to Ashton's.

I want to cry because of my new hideous look and yet if I have to shave my head just to be safe from Janice, I will do so. Though I am quite annoyed on how stupid I look, Ivo made me feel comfortable.

"You and Ivo, are you a thing?" I asked Luke while we are back inside the SUV. I still keep checking my hair using the car's mirrors. I look totally weird.

"Seriously, Chloe? Do I look like a gay to you?"

"Sort of, but no worries Luke. I don't really mind your gayness!" I said as my evil laugh filled the whole vehicle. It is a total satisfaction to see Luke clenching his fist while driving.

"Remind me that I am gay again tonight and I will surely prove some manly things to you," he said as he gritted his teeth.

"I can't wait, your gayness!"

"Chloe, I will pretend that I did not hear that," Luke said as he stopped his car.