Chapter 36 - Ancestral House

Our ancestral house is located on the other side of the island where Luke Torres lives. The last time that I was here was when I was a kid. Dad does not want to go back here for an unknown reason. Aunt Lisa, my dad's older sister is the one taking care of the mansion together with my Uncle Enrico.

Unlike the ancestral house of the Torres family, ours was fully renovated. From a small house near the beach, it became a towering three storey mansion that is overlooking to the sea. Dad owned a large portion of the lands in this area. A property that he never divulged to Janice.

Every morning, I usually stroll along the beach of the for an early morning walk. Victoria always reminds me that I need to have a brisk and yet, a careful walk as I am gaining too much weight right after my first trimester.

After my morning walk, I will sit on a white bench facing the sea on a wooden port. This is my favorite place where I can relax and feel the cold wind soothing my skin. Apparently, being pregnant makes you more tolerable with the cold temperature.

It is still early and only a faint light of the sun is appearing on the sky. I closed my eyes and all I can hear is the sound of the sea. If only Luke is here...

"I didn't know that there is such thing as seaside yoga."

I opened my eyes and saw Luke wearing his favorite faded pants and shirt. My heart quickly skipped a beat when I heard his voice. He looks different with his stubble beard as if he did not shave for a while, and yet he looks more dashing than ever.

I want to run and kiss him, but I quickly stopped myself. What if Luke is not here for me? What if he is just dropping by to say hi? What if he will just give me the official invitation for his wedding?

"Luke?" I asked with astonishment. I don't have any idea how he finds me here.

"You look..." he stopped midway and flashed his adorable smile that instantly took my breath away,

"Fat? I know right," I just smiled back at him with a blushing face.

"A bit chubby. And yet, you still look beautiful. How are you?" he said as he sat beside me.

"Exclude the painful urination, unstoppable weight gain, sleepless night, drastic mood swings, I am pretty much fine. How did you find me here?"

"Are you really asking that question? You should know me better than now," he said as he smiled again.

"Luke, what exactly are you doing here?" I asked him, but I avoid looking at him. It seems like the longer I stare at him, the more my tears want to fall down.

"I want to speak with you about a few things. And of course, I missed you so fucking much," Luke took my hand and brought it closer to his lips.

"As far as I know, we have nothing to talk about," I quickly said as I pulled my hand away.

I must admit, I missed this man so much. For almost every day, all I want is to see his face again. And now that he is here, my heart can't help, but to feel the pain that I have been rejecting for so long.

"Hey, don't cry, princess," Luke said as he cupped my face.

"Your services are no longer required. Just go, Luke. I don't want to see your face again," I said without looking at him.

"Why do I feel that you are longing so much to see me?"

"And what would you do if that is the case? You did not even dare to contact me after four agonizing months! No fucking email, call, text, nothing, Luke! You made me feel that everything that happened between us is just about your responsibility to my dad. Geez, you are so professional, aren't you? Did you think about me even once after we separated?" I almost shouted at him as my tears began to fall.

"There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about you, princess." he said as he took my hands.

"And you want me to believe that? And please, don't you ever call me princess again! I am not Margarette, your real life royal blood fiancee!"

"You look cute when you are jealous," he said as he pulled me closer to him, disregarding all my grumblings and imprisoned me in his arms.

"Cute? Do I look like a dog to you?" I said as I sob in tears.

"Hey, stop whining. I missed you. Can you just give me a few minutes to enjoy you in my arms?"

"Don't you think you are too late for that? Four months, Luke. Four fucking months," I whispered to him as I cried.

"Princess, it was you who left me in Feldkirch, remember?" he said in a teasing voice without releasing me in his arms as he gently caress my hair.

"Why are you here, Luke? Do you need a fuck body?" I whispered again.

Luke gently pushed me away and cupped my face again. His lips are almost touching mine. I gathered a massive amount of self-control not to own his lips.

"Princess, I would love to fuck you here, right now, under the morning sun, until we ran out of breath, and yes until forever ends. But your dad is far from being patient."

"Dad? He's here?" I frowned at him.

"No, he's not exactly here.."

"Luke, can you tell me exactly why you are here?" I asked him as I looked in his eyes.

Tears are now falling on my cheeks again. Luke seemed so near me, so close, just within my reach. And yet I am afraid that I will lose him again. Luke wiped my tears and gently touched my face.

"I am here because of this..." Luke did not finish his sentence and immediately owned my lips.

It seems like both my happiness and my sorrow are colliding. The same intensity when I kissed him the first time. The same passionate kiss that makes me feel alive more than ever.

I missed his lips and his memories are the only things I had left of him. Is this another addition to my bittersweet memories of Luke?

"Come on, princess. Let us stop for a while before I ended up owning you here on this fucking bench," Luke said as he took my hand.