Chapter 25 - IT hacker

"Aidan and his team found Janice's unconscious men on the island. They were taken to the provincial police headquarters for investigations. They have high powered rifles which are not registered. Janice will surely kill these men as they are a liability, but Aidan can protect them and can turn them against Janice," Luke said while facing his laptop. He is sitting comfortably on the bed.

"That is good to hear. Any updates about my dad?" I asked as I looked outside the hotel window with a wide view of the night lights of the city.

"I kept sending him emails, but he is not yet responding."

"Are you sure that your emails are safe? What if Janice was able to intercept your messages?" I asked without looking at him.

"I am the one who sets up a secured email account for Demetrius. No one will be able to access it except him as it is highly encrypted."

"Let me know if you hear from him. My dad is fond of these types of games. I will not even doubt that he is enjoying this dangerous adventure. Where do you think he is?" I asked as I sat beside him on the bed.

"I think he is somewhere here," Luke showed me a satellite map and pointed to the laptop screen. The location shows London, England.

"Why is he in London?"

"I traced the last calls that he made and these calls were originated in this area. I can't exactly pinpoint where. Do you know that your dad is good with computer stuffs, networking and programming shits?" he asked as he closed the lid of his laptop.

"Dad told me a brief background of his college life. I know that he gained a lot of money when he was hacking corporate sites back in college for a living. Companies are hiring him to attack their sites and he will devise a sort of program or software that will protect these sites from future hackers," I explained as I sat on the bed beside him.

"What made an IT hacker guy ended up owning one of the biggest pharmaceutical companies in the country? Why did your father suddenly shifted his interest?"

"My mother was a doctor. She always dreams to provide effective medicine for the poor. But the major medicine companies are more focused on financial gain. I can't blame them, they are indeed into business, not into charitable works. It was my mom who inspired him."

"Behind every successful man, there is a woman. A fitting quote. Go on, continue," Luke said with enthusiasm. He is like a kid waiting for a bedtime story.

"Dad courted my mom, but mom hates rich and arrogant men like my dad. To prove her wrong, he used his massive amount money to establish our pharmaceutical company. As of now, you may know that our medicines are highly efficient and expensive," I said to Luke.

"And yet, I know princess that the large amount of money that your father is gaining from your company is given to charity institutions to build hospitals in far away villages. And your father did not stop from there, he made a counterpart medicine that is potent and affordable which can be enjoyed by normal people," Luke continued.

"And now, someone is trying to kill my dad. A man who only wants to help this world be a better place."

"Your dad is great, but you may not even know half of what he did."