Chapter 34 - Victoria

A few weeks passed and I was hoping that Luke would contact me, but that man seemed to forget my existence completely. I know that I have hurt him for leaving him without saying anything. I guess he is probably preparing for his royal wedding somewhere in Austria right now.

"The line is pretty clear to me, Chloe. Even my machine confirmed this," Victoria said as we sat in the living room of her office.

She is one of my closest friend aside from Ashton. She is an obstetrician/gynecologist and I seek her advice after my pregnancy test turned positive.

"We need to celebrate! We have a new family member!" Ashton shouted in excitement.

"Don't tell me that the two of you went nuts and decided to do the thing?" Victoria dubiously asked.

"Oh no, Vicky! That is super eeew! I love this girl, but I will never ever do that with her. That is so fucking gross!" Ashton said in a disgusting voice.

"Then, who is the lucky man? I hope it is not Xander. Urghhh! I hate him. He was hitting on me even if he was still with Chloe."

"Well, Chloe found a real man, the perfect man for her that will never cheat her. And take note, he is hot."

"As long as it is not Xander, I am fine with that. When can we meet this perfect man? After what happened to Chloe, she deserves to be happy. Chloe? Chloe? Are you still with us?" Victoria's sweet voice completely awaken me from my daydreaming.

"Yeah, yeah I am fine," I just nodded and smiles.

"I know it is still early, my dear, but you have to tell your dad specially with your condition," Ashton worried said.

"That's right, Chloe. Whether this man wants to take responsibility or not, we will always be your friends and family. Also, I have to observe you further if you are experiencing mild bleeding. You have to take extra care of yourself."

"I am worried, Vicky. Is this bleeding normal?"

"No, it is not normal, but the baby looks fine. I don't want you to worry, so please visit me from time to time for us to check your condition. It is better if you will take a rest until the mild spotting stops."

"I agree with Vicky. After all that happened, you deserve to take a break. How about a vacation to your ancestral house in the province?" Ashton suggested.

"Yeah. That sounds good. Vicky, is it okay for me to travel?"

"Just give it a few days. If the bleeding stops, then it is safe to travel."