Chapter 40 - The Vow

Total bliss. That is what I am feeling right now. A few hours ago, Luke told me that he loves me and he proposed to me. And now, I am getting married and all the cells in my body are feeling ecstatic. I am filled with excitement and so much happiness.

After they fixed my hair and makeup, Ashton helped me with my wedding dress. Surprisingly, it is perfectly fitted in my chubby body. It was designed to make me look thinner and I was so happy on how Ashton was able to create this masterpiece.

A white vintage Mercedes Benz bridal car is waiting for me outside the house. Before the car left, Ashton gave me a round bouquet of roses with perfect dome. A monochromatic ball composed of cream and light pink roses studded with pearls.

I did not ask for more, but it seems that we are on our way to the the town's church. Victoria is with me inside the car to made sure that I am feeling okay.

"You look beautiful my baby," daddy said as he took my hand as I stepped out of the car.

"I don't know what to say, dad. I was shocked and I didn't have the slightest idea that I will get married today," I whispered to him.

The wedding entourage started to walk down the aisle until only dad and I were left outside the church's door.

"Luke asked my blessing a few months ago. He was about to follow you, but he changed his mind when he found out that you are carrying his child. He sought my assistance to prepare a surprise grand wedding for you."

"That man, did he really assume that I will say yes?" I chuckled as I put my hand around my father's arm as slowly walk.

"Luke was afraid that you will say no to him. And yet, he took his chance and arranged this wedding with no certainty that you will say yes."

"How can I say no the man I love?" I smiled at dad.

As we walk, I can clearly see the church filled with numerous selections of light pink and cream flowers. The bridesmaids are wearing dresses in different shades of pink while the groomsmen are wearing gray suits.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw Luke wearing a black suit. His hair is perfectly made and his face are now cleared of stubbles. He looks breathtaking and my heart pumped wildly every step I made.

Franco is there, together with Luke's brother Aidan. Ivo is also present and some of the family members of Torres. Ashton is looking gorgeous with his white suit and Victoria is stunning with her pink dress. Even Captain Ambrosio is present in our wedding.

Luke even invited my close friends back in college and highschool, who serve as my bridesmaids. Everything is perfect and Luke knew exactly what I would like to have for a dream wedding. I was speechless most of the time as the ceremony progress. I can't really digest if this is just a dream or real life. I was fully awakened when Luke is about to say his vows.

"I am not really good at these stuff and my knees are literally shaking right now. Though I prepared this vow for months, I still don't know how to deliver it properly now that you are in front of me, princess," Luke said as he touched my hand.

"In the presence of God and our family and friends, I will take you Chloe Avery Zamora to be my beloved wife. I vow to love you, to trust you, to respect you and to protect you. I will always be there for you. I will be your friend, your husband, your cook, your security guard and even your personal entertainer. I will be everything you want me to be. I will take care of you and support you and our future children. I will love you faithfully through thick or thin, through sickness or in health, today and all of the days of my life," Luke said as he put the wedding ring in my finger.

"It is your turn now, princess," he whispered to me.

"Luke... Uhmm... It is so hard to make an impromptu wedding vow when all I can think about this morning is if this wedding gown will fit on me," I said and the church is filled with laughter

"Uhmmm... This is crazy as I didn't know that I will get married until a few hours ago. This is insane as I didn't know that I can feel so much me happiness in just one day. Luke Markus Torres, I vow to love you always and forever, and I want to spend my life with you until our hair turned gray. I will take care of you and our babies. I may not be a perfect wife, but you can be assured that I will give you all my love for all the days of my life," I said as I took his hand. My eyes are beginning to blur because of the tears.

"Do you know that I love you when I was seven years old? It was magical and in my very young heart and mind, I knew right then that you are the one. You are my hero and I will be your biggest fan. You are my first love and my one true love."

When I am done putting the ring in his finger, Luke removed my veil, cupped my face and owned my lips. Again, I was lost in his kisses and the loud applaud filled the church.