Chapter 35 - Indefinite Leave

Just after a few days, my mild bleeding stopped and Victoria gave me a go signal to travel to our province. I was hoping that Luke will call me, but I heard nothing from that man.

"I received a call from your secretary that you are requesting for an indefinite leave. Would you mind telling me what this is all about?" Dad said while barging into my office.

"Good morning to you too, dad. Just like what I have stated in my email, I want to rest in the meantime. Health related issues, that's all."

"Chloe, do you think I will not notice your morning sickness?" he said in low, but dangerous voice. I am not sure if he will be elated or angry about my situation.

"Dad, please..." I said as I sat on my chair and covered my face with my palm.

"I am listening, Chloe. You know I have ways to find the father of your child," he said with little patience.

"I am carrying Luke's child," I said after a long silence.

"Luke Markus Torres? I asked that man to take care of you, not to touch you! How can he do this to me? I trusted him, like my own son!" dad said as he clenched his fist.

"Dad, it is not his fault, you have to believe me. It was me. I seduced him," I said while tears ran down in my face.

"Seduced him? I did not bring you up to throw yourself to any men available. I know you Chloe, you value your chastity. I will deal with him myself. He should take responsibility for this," dad turned his back on me and headed to the door.

"Dad, wait! Please no! Luke is in love with someone else and I can't force him to marry me because of this child. Just please, let me deal with this. Please, dad. I am begging you."

"Don't you dare terminate your pregnancy or I will disown you!"

"I can't do that, daddy. I love him so much and this baby is all I have left of him," I said as my tears continue to trickle on my face.

"Do whatever you want, take as much rest as you need, but promise me that you will take care of yourself. And another thing, I received another urgent phone call from your Aunt Lisa. She advised me that you are planning to go on vacation to our province. Is that true?"

"Yes, dad. If that is alright?"

"Of course. Whatever you need. The chopper is always ready. Let me know when you will leave."

"Dad, I need a favor from you," I said before he headed to the door.

"What is it?"

"Please don't tell Luke about this. I don't want to ruin his relationship with his fiancee because of my pregnancy. I don't want to force him to marry me because of this."

"If that is what my baby wants, I will respect it."