Chapter 12 - The Call

The sunlight is painfully hurting my eyes when I woke up. It is already passed eleven in the morning. I bet the last night's intense love making drained all my energy.

Luke is no longer on his bed. Though my body does not want to leave his bed, I still feel the need to wake up and find Luke.

"Good morning. Have you seen Luke?" I asked the middle age woman after my refreshing shower.

"He's on the fields with the farmers," the woman pointed at Luke's direction.

"What is he doing there?" I asked her once I saw Luke having conversations with few men in a nipa hut in the middle of the rice fields.

"Luke loves the workers here and he is loved by them," the woman sweetly smiled at me.

When Luke noticed me, he quickly left the nipa hut and walk towards us. He is wearing a plain white shirt, faded jeans, high boots and a funny looking straw hat. His attire is supposed to make him look like an ordinary probinsyano and yet, his effortless getup made him look more stunning.

"Good morning, princess or is it afternoon?"

Luke pulled my waist closer to him and planted a quick kiss on my lips. I know that some people are looking at us. As far as the people here know, I am his girlfriend.

"I am hungry," I whispered and looked down. If Luke keeps doing these sweet gestures, I might end up falling in love with him for real.

"Come on, princess. I don't want you to end up eating me instead," he said as he pulled my hands towards the house. Before we are able to take another step, his suddenly phone rang. He quickly took the phone out of his pocket without releasing my other hand.

"Hello Aidan?"

"No, he is not here."

"Wait Aidan, I think he is here."

"Hello? Aidan? I can't hear you very well..."

Aidan is the older brother of Luke. A raging motorcycle noise unexpectedly filled our ears. Ivo is driving a big motorbike and he seems to be in a hurry.

"Ivo, why the sudden rush? Aidan just called me, but the call was cut off..."

"He is trying to reach you on your phone a few minutes ago, but you are out of coverage area. He asked me to send his message. Aidan told me that your girl is in trouble..." Ivo said with haste.

"What do you mean? Ivo, explain everything and don't leave any details behind."

"He said that you have to leave now as they found her. I don't understand much of what Aidan is saying, but it seems that there are some people in the town looking for her. Someone must have tipped them off that they saw her in the ferry, something like that."

I am still hungry; however, I feel like Luke is not in the mood of eating any food. He transformed into a serious creature ready for a kill. He wasted no time and we left their ancestral house as soon as he bid goodbye to his father.