Part 5: Hang out

A/N: Hey guys! I will try my best to write the 2nd Book as well as the first one. But, if it turns out bad, please do keep on supporting me. As usual, I'm sorry for any grammatical errors (for those who want to help me edit the story do PM me). Enjoy your reading and don't forget to leave any comments and click the star button. Love ya. TQ:)))

............................................

[Sean POV]

I just arrived at the office when Nick bid me a morning greeting, his face was stamped with brighten smile. I wonder what makes him so happy?

"Hey, Sean."

"Hey, Nick and good morning."

"Good morning."

I was on the other side of my table, when he quickens his pace to come and sit in front of me. With that smile still there on his face, exposing the two lines of his white teeth.

"Tell me, what is it?" I gave up, and decided to ask him a question.

"You have to eat lunch together with me, today."

"Wha-

"No excuses."

"But, I-

"No! No! You still have to go with me, no matter what."

He doesn't allow me to talk. Keeps on running his mouth. "Can you please let me talk?"

"Yes, of course. We live in a democratic country where everyone owns their right to speak out their voices."

I gave him a death glare, because he still keeps running his mouth, non-stop. Is he that worried, if I'm not joining him for a lunch?

"Okay, I'm sorry. Ask me anything, then."

"Why should I go with you for a lunch? I don't see the solid reason, there."

"Of course I have my firm reason why you should join me. It is because, today is my birthday."

"Oh! Today is April, 25th already? I'm sorry, I forget about your birthday."

"I don't think you forget it."

I lifted my brows.

"You still remember that my birthday is on 25th April. You said it, just now. It's just you forget what date is today. I really appreciate that."

Gosh!! How come I still remember his birthday?! The last time that we've ever celebrated his birthday was 20 years back. Did my memory was that great? Or, I just can't forget anything about him?

Shit!! Sean, what is this??!!

"Urmm... since today is your birthday, I will give a special exception just for today. That is, I will have a lunch with you."

"Yes!" His face, obviously shown how happy he is that I've agreed to his invitation. "But, I still demand for a birthday present."

"How old are you already? Still asking for a birthday present."

"Everyone loves gifts."

"Okay then, as for your birthday gift, today's lunch was on my treat. Satisfied?"

"Excellence."

...............................

[Peter POV]

"Congratulations on winning the case, Pete."

"Hey, congrats to you too. This is our case, not mine alone. We have worked out our ass in winning today's case."