Part 31: I'm sorry

A/N Hey lovely reader, here is the new update for this 2nd book of Accidental Marriage. For countless time, I apologize for being late. No matter how sorry I am, I still can't beat the time that was keeping me in a busy schedule. And, yeah please accept my apology.

What do you think of the progress of this story? Please, let me know in the comment.

And for those who haven't read the first book of Accidental Marriage, please check it on my profile page. And, as for the 2nd book, I will try my best to write as good as the first one. But, if it turns out bad, please do keep on supporting me. As usual, I'm sorry for any grammatical errors. Enjoy your reading and don't forget to leave any comments and click the star button. Love ya. TQ:)))

.............................

[Peter POV]

His phone ringing and he excused himself to answer the phone call, and suddenly, I heard a voice calling me, "Babe..."

Spontaneously, I turned my head to look at my back. But, there's no one... not even a shadow. And, unconsciously, I called his name in my heart, "Sean..."

Why am I listening to his voices? Is it real or just behind my mind? Am I missing him? But, why I miss someone who had hurt me so much? Jeez!! I'm going to go insane like this.

"I'm sorry, it's my sister... she asked me to join her for a dinner, tonight." Said Ames who just returned back to my side.

I did listen to him but, I chose to ignore it... and showed no response because the thing that had happened just now still lingering in my mind.

"Pete? Are you okay?" He asked while taking a peek at me.

I shook my head lightly to shove away all of those things that were lingering in my head and returned back to reality. "Urm... sorry. Yeah... yeah! I'm fine. So, you're going to have a dinner with your sister tonight, right?"

"Yeah! She just invited me on the phone."

"Are you close with your sister?" I created a new topic for that evening.

"Urm... quite close. Because she's the only family that I have. After we lost our parents, she's the one who has been taking care of me and treating me more like a son than a brother. You know what I mean, right? It's like she always telling me not to do this, not to do that... and nagging at me when I came home late. Acting like a mother..."

A chuckle slipped out from my lips.

"Yeah! I know what it feels like... because I have a brother that act like one."

"I guess that our situation wasn't that different from each other, right?"

"Yeah! I think you're right... and, I've just had another argument with him last night... which is so frustrating."

"That's normal between siblings... but, I just put it in a positive way."

"What kind of positive way?"

"I believe that everything she had said or nagged at me... is for my own good. Because she wants the best for me... and because she cares about me."

Ames, right. I knew Adam never wanted to hurt me or to judge me... he just wants the best for me. But, it was me who interpreting it in the wrong way. Too much indulged into the emotions.

I think I owe an apology.

"Ames."

"Yes?"

"Can you please send me to a place?"