Part 28: Visiting?

A/N Hey lovely reader, here is the new update for this 2nd book of Accidental Marriage. What do you think of the progress of this story? Please, let me know in the comment.

And for those who haven't read the first book of Accidental Marriage, please check it on my profile page. And, as for the 2nd book, I will try my best to write as good as the first one. But, if it turns out bad, please do keep on supporting me. As usual, I'm sorry for any grammatical errors. Enjoy your reading and don't forget to leave any comments and click the star button. Love ya. TQ:)))

.................................................

[Peter POV]

"Le Reve cafe, please," I ordered to the taxi driver.

"Pardon me, sir."

I googled the cafe once again and shown the name with the address to the driver. With just a glanced, he nodded and said, "Oh! Le réve bakery n cafe. Yes, I know this place."

Life is full of surprises. Just twelve hours ago, I was in California and now, I was in this foreign place. And, that's not the only thing life's had given to me, for the past twelve hours I was still someone with a husband and a daughter, but now I was alone.

It feels so empty and cold.

What I've done for life to treat me like this? I felt like I've lost everything. Then, what is the purpose of living for me? I don't think I can handle walking alone in this world. It is too big for me, and I never get used to it.

"American?"

"Yes, I am."

"Are you here because of work or for a vacation?" His question just now makes me wondering myself.

What am I doing here for?

"I-I'm not sure."

He smirked. "It's okay, sir. Life is full of surprises. We never know what will happen tomorrow, even the next minutes, we will never know. So, just enjoys every minute that passes. Because it will never repeat."

His words reach me. He spoke as if he knew what I was thought about. "Yes, you're right. Life is full of surprises. I was also surprised to hear you can speak English fluently. Aren't you local?"

I saw him smiling through the rear mirror.

"I live in here since birth, sir. But, my father is an American. He is the one who taught me English."

"Oh! Then, you're lucky to mastering both languages."

"Yeah! I do consider myself lucky. But, do you know sir, what life had surprised me?-

He paused for a moment. And, I'm just waiting patiently for his answer.

-It took away both of my parents and turned me into an orphan." He smiled.

A genuine smile. That's make me wonder. Why the smile? He had faced a tougher episode in life than me. Yet, he can still smiling.

What makes him stronger?

"I'm sorry for your loss." I gave him a condolence.

"Thanks. It happened years ago. So, I've fully healed from it."

Healed? This guy must be treasured his parents so much. Their death must affect him in many ways, to the point where he needed to be healed from the pain of losing.

"And, here we are. Le réve bakery n cafe. You make a good choice, sir. I heard that this cafe has a good review. And, they said it belongs to a famous patisserie."