Part 27: The aftermath

A/N First of all, I would like to apologize for those who keep on waiting patiently for this update. Life hasn't been good for the past few weeks, with a lot of things happened. I kind of couldn't find the right time to continue my writing. Again, I'm sorry. Btw, thanks for all of the supporting comments. I really appreciate it 😊😊😊

................................

[Heather POV]

"Here." I handed a cup of hot coffee towards him.

And, he returned a 'Thanks' while taking it away from my hand. I settled down on the same wooden bench next to him while sipping on my coffee.

After what had happened at the airport, Sean asked me to go with him; to pick up Freya from school. Without hesitation, I just followed his back and we ended up waiting for Frey at this small park near to her school.

I can't just leave someone in despair like him, being alone. Who knows what the stupid things he might do?

"Thanks, for coming with me. I don't think that I can handle this alone." He spoke.

Gosh! Even his voice weakened and sounded like in despair. Is he going to be, alright?

"Hey, no need to mention it. In case you forget, I am Frey's godmother. So, it is somehow my responsibility to care for her. Besides, I barely remember when was the last time we've ever spent time together. I just hope that Frey would not get mad at me when she met me later."

"Don't worry; I'm sure she will be happy to see you."

I just grinned while bringing my cup of coffee to my cold lips, again. And then, I glanced at the person next to me. He had stopped taking his coffee and just hold it tight in his grasp.

Doesn't he like it? Or, the taste doesn't match his?

No! It's not the coffee, but his mind was thrown out of the space. What can I do to help him? Even though, I kind of blame him for everything he had done towards Peter... but, the fact that he is also a friend of mine, make me wanted to comfort him.

"Umm...Se-

"Heath." He called my name, instead, I called his. "I don't know what to do now. It seems like I've lost my light. And, the path in front of me seems dark. I'm lost without him, Heath. For the past 10 years, we've been together... we never stay apart from each other like this. I already get used to having him by my side all the time... and now, he has gone. And, I've begun to miss him, already. What should I do, Heath?" His eyes anchored into mine and it's pooling with tears. Some has spilled over his cheeks. And, I felt like I was being hypnotized by the sorrowful soul that was staring at me through that green orbs.

What can I do either, Sean? What kind of answer do you want to hear from me? If, I have a magic power... I would make Pete appears in front of you, right away. Or, perhaps I could find out where he went to. Unfortunately, I can't do all of does things. I'm just a normal human being and a friend that can just lend ears to you.

"People say that we will learn how to appreciate someone by losing them. Maybe, this is what Pete means when he decides to leave. Maybe, it is because you guys have been getting used to having each other... that make you guys forget to value each other more. Because you think that whatever sh*t happens, Peter wouldn't leave you... he would stay. And, that's why you're shattered when he left you." I bite my lower lip and have a second thought on what I had said just now.

Is that the right thing to say? Am I comforting him or lecturing him? Whatever it is, I need to finish things that I had said.

"Maybe, Peter had done the right thing... both of you need some space... a distance from each other. So that, you guys can value each other more and think about what had made you guys stick together for this 10 years."