Part 14: Guilt

A/N: Hey guys! I will try my best to write the 2nd Book as well as the first one. But, if it turns out bad, please do keep on supporting me. As usual, I'm sorry for any grammatical errors (for those who want to help me edit the story do PM me). Enjoy your reading and don't forget to leave any comments and click the star button. Love ya. TQ:)))   

..................................................

[Sean POV]

I made a small opening through the door and peeked my head through it. Inside the room, I saw my princess was lying soundly on her bed. I shuffled into the room and went to stand beside her bed.

Staring into her innocence, angelic face, made me feel guilty than I already am. I'm wronged towards her Dada, and I'm wronged towards her too. If one day, Pete decided to leave, what would happen to Frey? What would happen to us?

Sh*t!! I couldn't imagine it.

"Daddy?" A faint, yet small voice calling out for me.

"Hey, princess. Did I wake you up?" I touched her face gently and took a seat beside her on the edge of the bed.

"No, you not... I'm just waiting for you and Dada."

"Why would you be waiting for us?"

"Because... neither one of you were there during dinner, no one kisses me a good night and nobody read me a bedtime story." Her words reflected, how she missed us to spend time with her.

Again, guilt touched me deep into my core.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart." I brought her hand closer to my lips before I planted a soft kiss on her tiny hand."I was too busy with work."

"Yeah! I know that you're busy, that's why I decided to wait for you to come home." Smile.

I stroked her hair softly, before said,"...but, if you feel sleepy...just sleep. Okay?"

She nodded her head.

"Daddy...where's Dada? Isn't he coming home, yet?"

I knew this question would come from her. Yet, I've got no solid answer to give to her.

What should I tell her? I can't just say that her Dada was caught in an accident and was admitted. That would cause her worry.

"Daddy?" She nudged my arm, when I was immersed in my own thought.

"Dada...got an extra work to do at his office. He might return home late, tonight. So, Frey better not waiting for him, okay?"

He will not return at all, Frey. Because, your Dada hated me and doesn't want to see my face, anymore.

This is the horrid truth. But, I can't let a 6 years old girl, worrying about our problems. Let her think that our family is a happy family. I just let the time decide when the right time for Frey to learn the truth.

"Princess...close your eyes and sleep. It's already late, you need to go to school tomorrow."

"Ok..."

A good night kiss was planted on her forehead and a good night wishes, I gave to her before I left the room.

A sigh of regret, I exhaled into the air.

......................

[Peter POV]

"Hon...are you home?" Asked Heather, once we got into her house. "Come on... let's get inside." Heather leads me by my arm. She had been protective over me, never let go of my arm and never let me walk on my own. Afraid that I might collapse. But, it didn't bother me at all, since she had helped me tonight by letting me to crash at her home, so, I never complained.