Part 20: The pain remains

A/N: Hey guys! For those who haven't read the first book of Accidental Marriage, please check it on my profile page. And, as for 2nd book, I will try my best to write as good as the first one. But, if it turns out bad, please do keep on supporting me. As usual, I'm sorry for any grammatical errors. Enjoy your reading and don't forget to leave any comments and click the star button. Love ya. TQ:)))

...........................................................

[Emma POV]

He was staring at me with his dreamy eyes, and attempting me to him.

I couldn't resist anymore. His gaze had enchanted me. Without I realized, I leaned in closer to him, our gap was only an inch away, but, as I made an attempt to close the gap, he tilted his head away from me.

Jeez! That's embarrassing!

"Sorry, I can't. I'm still belonged to Sean." That's what he told me before he fall onto my shoulder.

Later on, I slowly and carefully leaned my back onto the couch, didn't want to wake him up.

I heaved a sigh heavily. And stared plainly into the air.

You're lucky Sean to have Pete. Regardless of time you've hurt him, you always have a place in his heart. Damn! Sean!! Why you would even try to hurt Peter, anyway. Someone as perfect as him. If, he's mine... I would never let him off my eyes.

If I'm not concerned about Frey and Danny...and if it is not because of my respect towards Pete, I would eventually drag him into my room and strip him naked, right here and now.

Another sigh slipped through my lips.

I wish I can be the mean girl. Care about nobody, just care about myself. But, I don't think that way can make me own Peter.

At the end, I chose to let him go. I took his phone and unlocked it. Luckily, Peter didn't put any passcode on his phone. There's 10 missed calls from the same person; Sean.

And then, I called for him.

It's just after one beep, my call was connected to the other line.

I guessed, Sean got his phone in the hand, right now. For sure, he is waiting for a call from Peter.

"Hello? Pete?" Yes, his voice sounded worried. "Pete? Where're you? Where's Frey? It's already passed 12... And why you guys still didn't come home?" He sounds frantically worried.

"Sean... this is me, Emma."

"Emma?"

"Don't worry... both Frey and Pete... they're here in my apartment. And, they've fallen asleep in here."

"What do you mean by they've fallen asleep at your apartment? Did Peter and you...-

I cut his absurd thinking, right away. I didn't want to cause trouble to Pete by making his beloved husband think that he was cheating on him. "Don't worry... we're just drinking some beers and then, Peter just falls asleep. I guessed he was drinking a lot and tired too. So, just come and bring them home. I will send you my address." I ended the call.

.....................

[Sean POV]

Right after I received the call about my husband and daughter whereabouts, instantly, I ran towards my car and sped through the traffic.

It takes about 15 minutes for me to reach her apartment. Knock on the door, before Emma opened it for me.

"Come in..." She offered me in.